New Location: New DTA Forum

Hope to see you there!

The '61-'71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum #40
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Driveline Noise (unidentified)

Any chance that you might hear a bearing noise in reverse?
It may be a transmission shaft bearing in 4th (and reverse) or a U-joint (doubtful if you only hear it in one gear).

As for Bravenet, hang in there, we've only had a day to investigate ( 2 hours actually )

Loose clutch disc springs make a ringing noise. Should be audible in other gears when lugging (put your left foot on the brake & try it in 3rd,, same rpm)

Hey a couple good directions, thanks. Yes, I have a noisy reverse. But they sorta all are. I'll give revers a listen again. I think it is extra noisy.

I'll try the 3rd gear with brake but I tried it with loaded trailer on and no luck. I'll give it another though. Good ideas, I'll update when I get there.

Actually Norm, I like where they are going with the forum if they tweak some. Gordo

I posted a repl,, it said loading,, I went away for an hour,, it was still loading. So I will try again.
The noise is like a bell getting struck,, kind of like the d/shaft is ringing. Those little springs get hot & lose and vibrate like crazy,,, was a prevelent problem in the day.