New Location: New DTA Forum

Hope to see you there!

The '61-'71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum #40
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Project Update: 64 D100 HPP - 2009/03/30

At the Dodge link some more info on the Facel Vega. Brasseur is credited with the style but some of it pre-dated his designs.

Note the mention of aircraft styled lever controls, and compare to the dashboard lever shifted Torqueflites? Surely Chrysler had collaborated with
Daninos in his sports car development & design so it was not outright theft but shared technology.

[Allpar's Jack Nerard info isn't entirely correct, but close enough. For example the Panhards were not called Dyana, but Dyna, and did quite well in their area of influence.]

Re: Re: Re: Project Update: 64 D100 HPP - 2009/03/30

JimmieD,

nice looking car but i am having a hard time finding the similarity between the truck and facal vega. the cars have stacked headlights and three port grill whereas the truck has a long horn grill and horizontal headlights.

i think the trucks were a mimic of late exner influenced chrysler design with clean lines, purposeful and sedate ornamentation and elegant color choices. but that is pure speculation on my part...

Ben

Re: Re: Re: Re: Project Update: 64 D100 HPP - 2009/03/30

Wasn't Exner the one who designed the trucks?

The HPP is coming along nicely.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

JimmieD,

nice looking car but i am having a hard time finding the similarity between the truck and facal vega. the cars have stacked headlights and three port grill whereas the truck has a long horn grill and horizontal headlights.

i think the trucks were a mimic of late exner influenced chrysler design with clean lines, purposeful and sedate ornamentation and elegant color choices. but that is pure speculation on my part...

Ben

Re: Re: Project Update: 64 D100 HPP - 2009/03/30

thanks Trey.

i have not run the drain hoses out yet but there is a hole where the old man cut into the tunnel cover that i left in it for that very purpose!

i am going to take all the AC stuff out and box it while i work on the body - i don't want it to get full of dust!

Ben

Re: Project Update: 64 D100 HPP - 2009/03/30

You're sneaking up on it Ben!

Re: Project Update: 64 D100 HPP - 2009/03/30

Looking Good!

Ron