PATTNI CONNECTION FORUM
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Proposal to hold Historic World Gathering in Early 2017

Proposal to hold Historic World Gathering in Early 2017
Atithi Devo Bhava
Nairobi Pattni Brotherhood Trustees and Mombasa Chairman welcomed in London
Nairobi Pattni Brotherhood Trustees Chandulal Gordhandas Pattni (Challa), Prabhudasbhai Govindji Pattni (Ghaghada), his wife Chandrikaben Prabhudasbhai and Mombasa Samaj Chairman Bharatbhai Bhimjibhai Pattni (Dhanak) with his wife Nitaben Bharatbhai were in UK and was a pleasure to warmly welcome them at my residence on Thursday, 10th March 2016.

We discussed extensively about the Samaj issues over five hours meeting. We remembers the last World Gathering at Dwarka five years ago.

We were all of an opinion that it is the right time to organise another world gathering, this time to be held outside India.

Time to remember our Elders at the proposed World Gathering

It was in late 1800s and early 1900s when our forefather boarded a ship from India and landed in Africa, The Middle East, Mauritius, and Fiji and recently to Britain, Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A. and Canada.
Since then, there was a further migration in early 1960s - those who came to study, then in 1967 from Kenyan exodus, in 1973 from Idi Amin’s Uganda and lastly 1975 onwards when Pattni came from various countries.

This means that each and every one of us living outside India are the direct descendents of our forefathers.

A Time to Share Struggles and Remember Sacrifices of our forefathers
It is time to reflect on our fathers, grandfathers and forefathers whose invaluable sacrifices. It is time to remember our forefathers. who made sacrifices to ensure better world for the future generations.

During our five hour meeting at my residence we all agreed that it is time to hold a world gathering of Non-resident (NRI) Parajiya Pattni Sonis and shall also extend invitations to all leaders of our Soni Samaj and members residing in India.

We all agreed that it now time to move forward and proposed to organise a second world gathering in the early 2017. The purpose of such a gathering will build brotherhood and promote interaction amongst members.

We have only two Samaj buildings outside India, in Nairobi and Mombasa.

Chandulal and Prabhudasbhai suggested that Nairobi could be ideal location as it has lot of facilities to hold such a big event. Bharatbhai also offered to hold such a world gathering in Mombasa as it can also give members to relax by the sea.

Have your Say

Have your say and your response. Let us know your opinion. Make suggestions and your recommendation of the agenda of the proposed World gathering.

Do participate in this debate. Your response will enable the committees to make up a firm decision to hold such a gathering. More response the merrier.

I look forward to your response by email or use discussion Forum on the website or Pattni Connection Facebook Group.

Re: Proposal to hold Historic World Gathering in Early 2017

Congratulations to Hon. Trustees of Pattni Brotherhoid, Shree Chandulal Gordhandas and Shree Prabhudas Govindji together with CM of Mombasa Parajiya Pattni Samaj, Shree Bharatbhai Bhimji and webmaster of Pattni Connection, Shree Pranlal Chaganlal for a successful meeting held recently in London.
I strongly support Nairobi hosting the next world Pattni gathering as Pattni Brotherhood has the necessary infrastructure and logistics in place for organizing such an event. Our past and present managing committees are in constant communication via telephone, e mails and personal visits to all Samajs in India, UAE, Tanzania, Uganda, S. Africa, US , UK and of course our sister samaj in Mombasa. In fact, the very idea of World Pattni conference was first mooted in Nairobi and it came to fruition in Dwarka some years back. We have achieved a lot since then, with more personal contacts and closer brotherhood amongst various Pattni Samajs.... but at the same time, with all the highs and lows of the first world gathering, we have learnt a lot on how to improve and move forward.
Our principle focus on the proposed second Pattni gathering should be towards the Pattni youth. Emphasis should be on youth friendly activities like sports, debates, enacting plays, dandia nites, music competition,quiz/antaksharis, sight seeing - game parks and beach holiday etc. The theme of such debates, quiz or plays could be centered around our Pattni forefathers journeys and achievements, the virtues or cons of jewellery trade and the future aspirations and progress of our samaj.
I'm basing my suggestions on the highly successful annual meets of the Lohana and the Ismalia communities. They have a rota of different venues where the respective local Samaj will host that year!s event. Airfares and accommodation are subsidized via bulk bookings by the hosting Samaj.
As the CM Shree Bharatbhai suggested, Pattni Brotherhood can co- host the gathering with Mombasa.Samaj.
We need feedback and suggestions from as many Pattni members as possible. We have a very able and a dynamic team under the chairmanship of Sureshbhai Ghaghada , who I'm sure can take up this challenge!

B. N. Pattni
Past Secretary
Pattni Brotherhood, Nairobi