Forum for Parajiya Pattni Soni Members Only

PATTNI CONNECTION FORUM
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Great Debate - The Future of Pattni Connection

Dear Pran,

I for one am truly appreciative of your wonderful commitment and dedication in keeping all of us connected.

As remote as we are, your efforts kept us in the loop.

Kindly please reconsider your decision.

Regards
DINESH PATTNI
Kericho
Kenya

Jai Shree Krishna Pran - thank you for your email of 16/12/2013. You have, as I had expected made a good interim decision, in that you will continue until the issues you have identified are resolved properly.

You have quoted Bharatbhai Narshidas calling for a national meeting of past and current leaders to debate the future of Pattni Connection.

Pradip Pattni and I had also requested for a the same to take place.

What I would like to know is if anything is happening? I would like to request Bharatbhai to take leadership in this matter.

Bharatbhai could you kindly get all the regional chairs together and start a process to reconcile this matter?

As Pradip mentioned - it would be excellent if this could be done by the end of March 2014.

We must be serious about this matter. Our Regional Chairs should come forward and show leadership to reconcile all the issues so we have a win win outcome for our Community.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy, Health and Prosperous New Year.

It is good to know that the “Great Debate’ is transpiring into somewhat snail’s paced exchange of views. More openness and rapport between the members of our community shall serve an important beneficial purpose and pave way for us to come even closer. At the same time the deliberation should be substantially constructive.

I am still attempting to glean the reason for the Pattni Connection cessation. The reasoning is still quite obscure and amorphous to me. It is indicated that the reasons are lack of feeling of brotherhood, cohesion absence and other regional community trying to have their own websites. And ironically so many of our International Samaj bodies have one solid voice and backing in favor of the Pattni Connection Website. I do not see any form of apathy or indifference. Please somebody let me know why so much ado. May be I being thousands of miles away from the fray am missing something. The whole purpose of our having Samaj bodies and pertinent websites are to bring about more understanding and nearness amongst the Pattnis all over the world. That should be the cardinal goal and mission and not giving way to factions.

With regards,
Pravin. Texas.

It is ironic that such issues cannot be resolved by working together as adults.After all it is a community of Pattnis who are working together for the wellbeing of all the community members worldwide. There should not be an issue of who does what and who deserves credit for bringing the community together. We need to understand that all this needs to be done without politics being involved. Many a time all Members far and wide look forward to participate in and provide moral support in good and bad times through the media we are blessed with. We have come a long way to let these trivial matters, as Americans will say,SCREW us up. As far as i know we are the only community who have this medium thru which we stay informed of events in our community. God bless our community and God bless the United States of America.

Vaju Pattni
..After all it is a community of Pattnis who are working together for the wellbeing of all the community members worldwide. There should not be an issue of who does what and who deserves credit for bringing the community together. We need to understand that all this needs to be done without politics being involved.

Excellent summary.

However Pran does deserve immense credit for his initiative and tireless work.

And it is he who should set up a group of helpers, across the world, to take this forum to the next level - at which stage he can then step back if he so wishes.

We will then have a truly global forum that can carry on for ever in virtually auto-pilot mode, and is not a burden on any one individual or dependant on one.

I am delighted that more individuals have come forward with their contribution. Keep it up :)

It has been, perhaps,forty years since i last met Pran. We grew up together in Mombasa and have a lot of memories. Since the inception of his thought of starting to work towards bringing the community together at this scale and in our homes, and actually embarking on this and getting this far is a wonderful achievement. It has ,over the years, taken a lot of dedication and very hard work to get to where we are. It is greatly appreciated.
Was i sad to see this coming to a stop.? Yes, i was.
Members of our community need to come together and as you say, "Take this to the next level",and be willing to carry the torch going forward and keeping the highway open to unite the present and future members of Global Pattni community.
I think Pran has laid a strong foundation for the generation to come and and on a personal note it is about time for Pran and i to meet and reflect on out days gone by.

As I understand it, this is principally related to Parajiya Pattni Association UK.

I am quite willing to take the lead on this but we must first bear in mind that there is a Constitution that governs Parajiya Pattni Association UK. This sets out the four regions and their committees and officers. In addition each region elects a Trustee. It is the Trustees that should be involved in calling a meeting of the National Executive Committee of PPA UK, consisting of the Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers of each region.

It is this body that needs to be convened and I have already mentioned this to Chandrakant Mohanlal Bhimji, Birmingham Trustee, to see if he can liaise with his co-Trustees to call such a meeting. Failing this, a petition by 50 or more PPA UK members can request such a meeting to be called. However, it would obviously be more appropriate for the Trustees to call the meeting and one hopes that each of the regional committees, through their Presidents, will answer this call.

If the Trustees then request me to attend, or even chair, the meeting I am quite willing to do so. However, I am just about to depart to India and the earliest that I can attend a meeting would be in February 2014.

It is a pity that none of the Regional Presidents have actually taken the trouble to participate in this online debate whereas others from far and near have. I sincerely hope that they will take on board the significance of this matter and participate to reach an amicable solution. With Majaji's blessings we shall achieve this.

In the mean time I call upon the four Presidents to at least participate in this debate and put forward any views that they may have (this is in the hope that they do in fact look at Pattniconnection.com). In addition if they wish to contact me, I shall be pleased to discuss any matters with them.

Jai Mataji

Bharat Narshidas Mithabhai Ghaghda

Past National President – Parajiya Pattni Association UK

It is accepted that all resolutions are implemented in accordance with the clauses stipulated in the Constitution of the Pattni Association. But then that is going by the book. From what I can understand, the whole saga of the discontinuation has been created by some personal remarks or innuendos. In my opinion the matter can be resolved amicably by creating the environment whereby the protogonists have a meeting over a nice cup of masala tea, "paata gandhia" and ofcourse garam garam jalebies. So many insurmountable reconcilliations can materialize informally. After the ice breaking the deal can be sealed by a formal meeting of the whole membership. I am sure all this bill of fare can be accomplished without much difficulty in the United Kingdom. After all personal touch can go a long way in meeting of minds. On a lighter note, being away at great distance, I express my craving for the aforesaid mouth watering menu. A dilliget effort, without who did what and what not, would put us on the right track. I endorse all the praise from all quarters for Pran.

With regards,

Pravin.

Bharatbhai Narshidas Mithbhai Ghaghada, Past PPA National President
As I understand it, this is principally related to Parajiya Pattni Association UK.

With respect, Pattni Connection is a global forum, whether or not the PPA UK participates or not due to past petty rivalry is irrelevant. Let's look at the bigger picture from a helicopter.

Pran needs to choose 5 or 6 people he thinks can add value - then set up the proper global forum under his leadership. He can then relinquish control once the new forum is up and running well with the new team.

Fpr me, the questions are:

Is Pran willing to give up control?

Can we get 6 capable people to volunteer to act as regional moderators? Gentleman & ladies - put your names forward please.

Forget the petty politics & irrelevant constitutions. Just get on with the job at hand

Re-read the thread this morning, and the following names have been prominent on Pattni Connection.

Pran - in charge overall of the dream team.

Ajay Pattni - Mombasa
Harshad Rana - Nairobi
Dhirajlal Dhanak/Kantibhai Ghaghada - India
Ashwin Morarji - UK
Bharat Narshidas - UK
Vaju Pattni/Pravin Maganbhai - US

Let's hear more nominations, and let's get this off the ground. Love to hear more comments from the individuals I have named.

I wish there is a bigger participation in the "Great Debate" by Pattnis from world over and importantly input by Pran as well. There were questions posed to and clarificaions sought from Pran in numerous postings. What say you ? As mentioned previously, the debate would go a long way in building rapport between the community members.

With regards.

Pravin.

I am sorry but I still fail to see the reasonings behind the PPA UK , or rather only PPA UK, being asked to make any decision on the future of PattniConnection.
As far as I see, PattniConnection is an independent 'body' that serves Pattnis all over the world.
It is independent. And it is important that it remains so. It's independence is and will be its greatest asset in the future.
It has nothing to do with PPA UK or to put it another way PattniConnection has just as much to do with PPA UK as it has to do with the Mombasa Samaj and the Tanzania Samaj and the Middle East and India bodies.
Neither should PPA UK be allowed to have any decisive influence on the workings of PattniConnection nor should PattniConnection be dragged into having any special connection with PPA UK.
I hope PattniConnection manages to remain independent.

Ramesh Hirjibhai

May I take this opportunity to wish you and all your families a happy peaceful & successful new year

I would like to thank you for your support over what has been a very mixed year.

Do please continue to support Pattni Connection.

Since the debates and the discussions are still ongoing, I am confident that the combined effect of all of your good wishes will have a positive effect on the outcome of all of this.

With best wishes
Pran
Pattni Connection

Jai Shree Krishna, Pranlal

I deliberately resisted commenting on your recent decision to step down from Pattni Connection. Sometimes, it is prudent for the waters to clear before we can see and think rationally.
Many prominent personalities of our community worldwide have reacted strongly to your decision - and rightly so!!
No one can deny the fact that ethereal heights that Pattni Connection has achieved today is largely credit to your single minded dedication and persistence. To answer and edit all the emails/data received by Pattni Connection website from all corners of the globe AND to print the information in the right format requires raw hard work! There are no short cuts. How many of our members answer their own emails/phone messages on time?
Since we do not have a clear chain of command as to who takes over from you- there is no question of you stepping down at the moment. We all Pattnis have a moral responsibility to safeguard, nurture and protect what you, together with all the Samaj Committees, have painstakingly achieved in the last 8 years.
What alternatives do we have?
All of the Pattni social sites, Facebook groups WhatsApp groupings and regional Samaj medias are either serving their small peer groups or individual samaj members within their geographical regions. They are all minuscule and limited in terms of their coverage/circulation/readership etc etc.
Don't get me wrong! I'm not undermining the importance of having these regional media groups/sites. They do serve crucial links and can spread local news very effectively. We at Pattni Botherhood, under the stewardship of Shree Hirenbhai Vaya (Treasurer, Pattni Brotherhood), have a very effective and workable SMS system whereby regional/social/religious announcements are communicated throughout the E African region in real time - especially considering the fact that most of our elder Pattni members do not have a personal availability of computer terminals and/or emails --- but, they all have a cell phone!!!
But, however useful a regional media house is - it is NOT GLOBAL
Most of the information, however important and practical, is of little or no use to the global Pattni fraternity.
That is where Pattni Connection comes in. Pattni Coonection, as some of our members mentioned in their posts, is truly a World media forum. From LA to Tanga, from London to Cape Town, from Dubai to Perth, and from Nairobi to my ancestral home of Lalpur!
So, Pranlal, ( as per our discussion on phones and during my personal visits to London) I humbly disagree with you when you say that regional bodies are undermining the importance/functions of Pattni Connection.
They are rightly in their place and Pattni Connection is rightly in its place.
There is no comparison.
I fully agree with one of the Pattni brothers who commented that regional bodies, be them media houses or Samaj committees, should not interfere with the functioning of Pattni Connection website - whether Pranlal or somebody else - is at its helm. Pattni Connection should be independent and should not fold under any regional Samaj bodies. it is this very same neutrality and impartiality that Pattni Connection is known for, which will carry our site to greater heights and more readership. We should vehemently preserve this very tenet of our own global Pattni Connection.
Lastly, I would like to state the however much we all like for Pranlal to stay as the Web master of Pattni Connection - We all know that nothing is forever. We all need to formulate clear mechanisms whereby our young IT professionals can start training and eventually take over - in a systematic handover, whereby the integrity and professionalism of our site is maintained. As suggested by some of our members, we can have regional sub-editers in our Pattni regions throughout the world reporting to the central webmaster/editor-in-chief.
Doing all the work voluntarily is commendable, but, if need be, we can deliberate to create paid positions for Pattni members to run the site in the future.
Coming to the specific issues raised by Pranlal, I suggest the following.
Let the local news/events etc that is perceived to be local in nature, be handled by local Samaj medias.
Events which are global in nature ( the individual Samaj committees can deliberate on this
) and to which, importance needs to be stressed. should be directed to Pattni Connection by the appropriate Samaj
authority. We should all ensure that there is no imagined/unimagined clash as to who reports what. For any big organization to run smoothly, people should not venture out from their turf of influence and start influencing events outside. This creates two or more centers of power - and this cannot do!!!!
Pranlal, on behalf of Pattni Brotherhood, we note your concerns, but we reject your resignation letter unequivocally!!

Bhasker Narotam Pattni
Hon. Secretary
Pattni Brotherhood, Nairobi

Bhasker Narotam Pattni
Jai Shree Krishna, Pranlal

I deliberately resisted commenting on your recent decision to step down from Pattni Connection. Sometimes, it is prudent for the waters to clear before we can see and think rationally.
Many prominent personalities of our community worldwide have reacted strongly to your decision - and rightly so!!
No one can deny the fact that ethereal heights that Pattni Connection has achieved today is largely credit to your single minded dedication and persistence. To answer and edit all the emails/data received by Pattni Connection website from all corners of the globe AND to print the information in the right format requires raw hard work! There are no short cuts. How many of our members answer their own emails/phone messages on time?
Since we do not have a clear chain of command as to who takes over from you- there is no question of you stepping down at the moment. We all Pattnis have a moral responsibility to safeguard, nurture and protect what you, together with all the Samaj Committees, have painstakingly achieved in the last 8 years.
What alternatives do we have?
All of the Pattni social sites, Facebook groups WhatsApp groupings and regional Samaj medias are either serving their small peer groups or individual samaj members within their geographical regions. They are all minuscule and limited in terms of their coverage/circulation/readership etc etc.
Don't get me wrong! I'm not undermining the importance of having these regional media groups/sites. They do serve crucial links and can spread local news very effectively. We at Pattni Botherhood, under the stewardship of Shree Hirenbhai Vaya (Treasurer, Pattni Brotherhood), have a very effective and workable SMS system whereby regional/social/religious announcements are communicated throughout the E African region in real time - especially considering the fact that most of our elder Pattni members do not have a personal availability of computer terminals and/or emails --- but, they all have a cell phone!!!
But, however useful a regional media house is - it is NOT GLOBAL
Most of the information, however important and practical, is of little or no use to the global Pattni fraternity.
That is where Pattni Connection comes in. Pattni Coonection, as some of our members mentioned in their posts, is truly a World media forum. From LA to Tanga, from London to Cape Town, from Dubai to Perth, and from Nairobi to my ancestral home of Lalpur!
So, Pranlal, ( as per our discussion on phones and during my personal visits to London) I humbly disagree with you when you say that regional bodies are undermining the importance/functions of Pattni Connection.
They are rightly in their place and Pattni Connection is rightly in its place.
There is no comparison.
I fully agree with one of the Pattni brothers who commented that regional bodies, be them media houses or Samaj committees, should not interfere with the functioning of Pattni Connection website - whether Pranlal or somebody else - is at its helm. Pattni Connection should be independent and should not fold under any regional Samaj bodies. it is this very same neutrality and impartiality that Pattni Connection is known for, which will carry our site to greater heights and more readership. We should vehemently preserve this very tenet of our own global Pattni Connection.
Lastly, I would like to state the however much we all like for Pranlal to stay as the Web master of Pattni Connection - We all know that nothing is forever. We all need to formulate clear mechanisms whereby our young IT professionals can start training and eventually take over - in a systematic handover, whereby the integrity and professionalism of our site is maintained. As suggested by some of our members, we can have regional sub-editers in our Pattni regions throughout the world reporting to the central webmaster/editor-in-chief.
Doing all the work voluntarily is commendable, but, if need be, we can deliberate to create paid positions for Pattni members to run the site in the future.
Coming to the specific issues raised by Pranlal, I suggest the following.
Let the local news/events etc that is perceived to be local in nature, be handled by local Samaj medias.
Events which are global in nature ( the individual Samaj committees can deliberate on this
) and to which, importance needs to be stressed. should be directed to Pattni Connection by the appropriate Samaj
authority. We should all ensure that there is no imagined/unimagined clash as to who reports what. For any big organization to run smoothly, people should not venture out from their turf of influence and start influencing events outside. This creates two or more centers of power - and this cannot do!!!!
Pranlal, on behalf of Pattni Brotherhood, we note your concerns, but we reject your resignation letter unequivocally!!

Bhasker Narotam Pattni
Hon. Secretary
Pattni Brotherhood, Nairobi

A lot has been said so far by many members who have expressed their views on this issue. Perhaps this situation should never have arisen. May be not if there was a person or persons to take up the duties of Pran after he laid down the foundation and the worldwide framework of bringing the community worldwide together.
It is time from Pran to express his views having read the comments from all.
Lets hear from him.

Vaju Pattni
A lot has been said so far by many members who have expressed their views on this issue. Perhaps this situation should never have arisen. May be not if there was a person or persons to take up the duties of Pran after he laid down the foundation and the worldwide framework of bringing the community worldwide together.
It is time from Pran to express his views having read the comments from all.
Lets hear from him.

I agree.

The Pattni Connection belongs to the Pattni community, with credit to Pran for all the hard work.

The succession plan is vital for Pran's selfless work so far.

The new framework should not rely on one person, but a half dozen or so individuals across the globe - under Pran's guidance. An open forum for all to contribute to.

What we will then also achieve is news/photos that are more representative of the community at large.

Pran,

I am glad that you have decided to operate the Pattni Connection website without any precondition. My guess was that you would not give it up and it’s good to know that you have good support and accolades from all quarters.

In US we call it the brinkmanship. The two parties in the congress would try to have a tussle amongst them and a party would try to override the ideals of the other party. At the last moment the party would consent to the resolutions of the other party. This is done with a view of getting the majority of votes from the public. This process would woo the support of the people who support the party and its ideals. That is the way the politics run.

I am at loss as to your purpose of riling up the support and accolades to the Pattni Connection. But, anyway, keep up the good work you are doing for the community. I am elated to know that you have ultimately come out with your decision to continue.

From the latest newsletter:

"Status of Pattni Connection

Pattni Connection is Parajiya Pattni People’s website - of the Pattni people, run by Pattni and for the Pattni community.

As we move forward, we will regularly evaluate what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we can continue to grow.

This progress is only possible due to collective support by hundreds of Pattni members globally.

It is also time to revamp and to take our website to the next level. There will be lot of changes happening over the coming
months.

There shall also be a debate and discussion on the future of website and about my successor."

Excellent news, hopefully we can enjoy a truly open forum that our Pattni can add content directly to, and without delay.

And better quality photos too :)

Hi Pattni Connection,

Good Luck, best wishes and everything for ever and many years to come until I live a very long life.

I never never never give up - those who give up are cowards and I am not one of them. My dear mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters we are together in mind spirit ideas wishes successes progresses and everything.

Best wishes

Aruna Jethalal Kara