WELCOME TO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

The power of perfect reasoning is essential to know.

The one true religion

A discriminating intellect is that in which knowledge based only on words, real knowledge and ordinary knowledge based on sense perception or reasoning are present in a mixed state and the mind alternates between them.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.
Topic of discussion
Five Tests of true religion - Feb 08, 2002
  1. It (revelation) must exist in its entirety from the very beginning of creation for all of mankind, and not over a long period of time after.
    Oppose - It is unjust of Yahwe, Allah and Christ, to deprive millions born before the revelation of the Ten Commandments, the Q'uran, and the New Testament of His 'divine wisdom'. An injustice which cannot be the work of a Just, Compassionate and Merciful God.
  2. It must conform with (immutable) Natural laws
  3. Oppose - The cause of the physical body is the reproductive element - any other method as man was created from dust or blood-clot and all other miracles of God and Prophets are a breach to this law.
  4. It must be in harmony with reasoning.
    Oppose - Incest which results in mental and physical infirmities, is an immoral action and it had to be the same also in the beginning (creation of one man and one woman).
  5. It must be in harmony with science.
    Oppose - Modern science has proven creation to be more than 6,000 years old, the earth is spherical and it rotates and revolves, contradictions to the Torah, Bible and Q'uran.
  6. Its truth must be confirmed by four evidences :-
  • Direct Cognition - Not all that is known by perception can be true.
  • Inferences - God is eternal therefore we can infer that there were past creations and as well as there will be future ones.
  • Testimony - The testimonies of Rishis, sages and seers of the Vedas (altruistic teachers are all in harmony with each other.
  • History - There are many books (Mahabharata, Valmiki's Ramayan) and source of other civilization which speak of the past ancient Vedic (Aryas) civilization of 5,000 years ago and earlier.

Let's be reasonable when it comes the most abstruse science of God (wisdom), the ignorant (by repenting) and the wise (by austerity) can never reap the same rewards.

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards:-  Can a fool, fool God?    Do all paths lead to God?   Debunking evolution
Guestbook
​​​​​​​
The one true religion
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato
​​​​​​​
Welcome to constructive criticism
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Sikhism Loves all

"It took me 20 years of honest inquiry to come to know the truth and you expect to do it in a few posts on these boards."
So you've created a strawman argument and are arguing against it. Wonderful. So we've got yet another demonstrable lie of yours.

"It took me 20 years”
Sure, after I had to dragoon you into such an "admission."

"you expect to do it in a few posts"
Yes, I do. Someone a little more concerned with the truth would have needed to do that.

“There is no short cut to wisdom.”
For the fifth or sixth time, do you really have to lie about everything?

"Anyone who comes here asking for proof is a fool”
Strawman yet again (how many are we up to now?).

"asking for proof is a fool" is your opinion, not fact. And neither I nor anyone else is obligated to accept your opinion. You are entitled to your opinions, but not to your own facts, and certainly not to attack others for not believing in those faux-facts. You are an internet commenter who has barely even opened the relevant books, to determine which is which. We have experts, present and past, who have done that research and reached conclusions.

“I tried, but it's difficult to do so when a fool shows up.“
Yes, because I have brought facts. You have brought unsubstantiated claims that can be easily refuted, over and over. You want to call me a liar? Go ahead; it's of a piece with the rest of your solipsistic worldview. What you need to realize is that you're not the measure of all things. That something is intellectually compelling to you doesn't bind anyone else; that you think something is nonsensical like evolution doesn't obligate anyone else to think the same way. Where there are objective standards to measure against we can declare it right or wrong; but not when it's based on your personal opinion.

"We owe a lot to Indians… Einstein?
That's ridiculous. To claim that, as you've done, is to make a mockery of him. But those are misrepresentations, and in no way reflect his actual views.

See, Vj, you have done that repeatedly. I'm not the one who's put words in your mouth. You have done that repeatedly. I'm not the one who has been reading things into the sources that aren't there, because you want them to be. You have done that repeatedly. If there's anyone here who's seeing illusions and thinking they're reality, it's you.

“unfortunately, God has no cure for a fool.”
I guess G-d was lying too?! I guess a liar sees everyone else as one.

Frankly, I'm not interested in trying to nail jello to the wall anymore. If you are willing to argue in good faith - then fine, we can talk. If not, then go back to your padded cell and debate with yourself.

Re: Sikhism Loves all even a fool.

If you are willing to argue in good faith - then fine, we can talk.
Vj ~ To what end? Even Confucius knew God has no cure for a fool.

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." Confucius

What “Confucius knew” is irrelevant. Some also think that the earth is ruled over by shapeshifting lizards. Some also believe in crop circles and so forth. I couldn't care less what "some think"; if they have a source, we can discuss it; if not, it's hardly worth wasting time over.

Put up your evidence for reincarnation, or shut up.

What “Confucius knew” is irrelevant.
Vj ~ Confucius knew everything sensible is "irrelevant" to a fool. It is the reason why the "stupidest of men never change".

Put up your evidence for reincarnation,
Vj ~ As I said there is no shortcut to wisdom. It took me 20 years to gather my evidence and only a fool thinks he can do it in a day.

or shut up.
Vj ~ Silence has become my nature!

"Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few." Einstein

When only a "select few" enjoy sanctuary from boredom, the worst daily discomfort facing humankind, what is obvious for fools?

PS
You may wonder why I continue to be engaged with a fool. Besides, the learned drawing nectar (wisdom) from poison (ignorance), readers can also benefit.

Vj ~ Confucius knew everything sensible is "irrelevant" to a fool.

You keep on saying that, but it's meaningless. It means that you can twist him into saying anything you want. That way lies madness. That is, what you've done repeatedly, is to call him a liar.

"Only the wisest.... Confucius "
Still irrelevant to this discussion.

Vj ~ As I said there is no shortcut to wisdom. It took me 20 years to gather my evidence and only a fool thinks he can do it in a day.

A truthful person would have admitted that they don't know. That there are no proof that God exists, let alone reincarnation that simply isn't there.

Vj ~ Silence has become my nature!

Obviously not. So where on earth are you getting that from?

VJ ~ When only a "select few" enjoy sanctuary from boredom, the worst daily discomfort facing humankind, what is obvious for fools?

What does that even mean?

VJ ~ You may wonder why I continue to be engaged with a fool. Besides, the learned drawing nectar (wisdom) from poison (ignorance), readers can also benefit.

Your last paragraph makes no sense whatsoever. If you, to begin with, or at any point in this conversation, had just said that you find Dayanand's view more compelling, but that you respect that there are opinions to the contrary, then we could have saved ourselves a lot of wear and tear. But you keep on insisting that if, for example, Dayanand says there is reincarnation, then no one else is allowed to have an opinion to the contrary, and that if they do so they're going against truth/wisdom. Who's the intolerant one here?

A truthful person would have admitted that they don't know.
Vj ~ In other words, you're saying a person that "know" is untruthful.

So where on earth are you getting that from?
Vj ~ "The pleasure one experiences in enjoying the best things of this world does not equal the one-thousandth part of the pleasure one feels after acquiring true knowledge." The Last Reformer

Vj ~ You're that ignorant, eh!

Who's the intolerant one here?
Vj ~ You are entitled to your opinion buddy but don't ask me to agree with you.

"The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it." Ayn Rand

“you're saying a person that "know" is untruthful. “

I'm not responsible for what sick and twisted interpretations you put on what I say. I am really tired of you making up lies and attributing them to me.

“You are entitled to your opinion buddy but don't ask me to agree with you.”

Sure, after I had to dragoon you into such an "admission." Someone a little more concerned with the truth wouldn't have needed that. And you are entitled to your opinions, but not to your own facts.

That doesn't even pass the laugh test.

"The truth is not.... Ayn Rand”

What on earth are you talking about?

What on earth are you talking about?
Vj ~ What I've been saying all along. There is no cure for a fool. A sensible individual would have asked where and how to seek it.

Vj ~ What I've been saying all along. There is no cure...

Wtf. What on earth are you talking about? What does that even mean?

No body, not a single living being, past, present, or future has ever, or will ever say the things you say. Idk what kind of shapeshifting lizard people you talk to, but they aren’t humans

Wtf. What on earth are you talking about? What does that even mean?
Vj ~ You're an idiot and will continue to be until the day you die.

"Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change." Confucius

tf
"Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change." Confucius

Fck this Katsumoto sht. He's a cool character, but the words of the Japanese sage, Miyamoto Musashi are my guide
He said not to rely on Gods or the Buddha for help.
Precept 20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
I love the sayings
Haha.

but the words of the Japanese sage, Miyamoto Musashi are my guide
Vj ~ It's ok Shin Sato to seek guidance but reasoning must be applied to it, otherwise you're completely lost.

The first question that comes to mind is, what is Miyamoto Musashi's source knowledge?

He said not to rely on Gods or the Buddha for help
Vj ~ Very true! We're on our own when it comes to honest inquiry. After ingraining good reasoning habits, our next step in our search is the correct source knowledge which is very important.

Hmmm, you're very inquisitive. He was Japanese swordsman, philosopher, strategist, writer and he went undefeated in 61 duels. He awesomely redefined what it meant to be samurai. His passions were swordsmanship and Buddhism. I think he practiced Zen.

I think I finally figured out what you meant, hah

Found these :yin_yang::shinto_shrine:

Hmmm, you're very inquisitive.
Vj ~ Yes my friend, so must anyone who desires to know the truth.

I think I finally figured out what you meant, hah
Vj ~ Good for you man.
Take care.