A philosophy discussion forum hosted by

Jim Macdonald's Philosophy Page

The Acropolis
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kant & Mill

Hey All,

I'm hoping some fellow philosophy enthusiasts could help me out. I've been reading a lot about Kant and Mill for a philosophy class I'm taking. While I am certainly quite enthralled by the reading, a couple of things are getting at me - in preparations for my finals in a couple of weeks, I'm stuck on a couple of points and am hoping some nice people might be able to help me out.

I just finished reading Kant's paper on Moral Law and I'm curious about what he believes to be the purpose of giving us reason? Unlike Mill, why does he believe that attaining happiness is NOT the purpose of it?

I'm also curious about both Kant and Mill's beliefs on what they deem to be the goal of human life.

I seem to get more and more confused as I read and study all of this...hopefully someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance...

Miranda

Re: Kant & Mill

Feeling the pressure of exams? Let's add some excitement with our online exam help! Our group of brainy buddies is here to ensure your grades hit all the high notes. Say goodbye to worry, get into the rhythm, and let's create some exam magic together!