A philosophy discussion forum hosted by

Jim Macdonald's Philosophy Page

The Acropolis
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

i am not sure that this qualifies as metaphysics because synapes are material, and i imagine that the electrical impulses are as well. Perhaps the metaphysical element is part and parcel to said "inertial being", i think you meant the source of our actions inertia was some non physical being.. im thinking of inertial elements as aspects within one, entirely physical.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

yes, i'm confusing things. everybody's good at something...

sorry about that, chief. on reflection, i'm happy with hardware/software analogies.

it's difficult to differentiate between the action of current and the interpretation. as with the screen in front of you; fundamentally an x,y grid of flashing lights, it's the interpretation that creates the image. the interpretation is entirely dependant on successful previous interpretation being evoked. that we can will an imitation or repeat of the original synaptic patterns is our a priori. that's where i believe the inertial being is relevant. by inertial being i mean that the self that requires the interpretation of the brain is the 'weight' of our physical being. simply, or at a most basic level, consider water in a balloon. if the inertial mass of the water is weighted to one side of the balloon, then the balloon will move in that direction so as to maintain it's 'closed set-ness'.

what is your understanding of dimensional physics? my understanding is that, in the greater than an atom sized world, one dimension is as one atom; two dimensions is as two or more atoms on a single plane; three dimensions is two or more atoms occupying multiple plane thru inertial movement- effectively creating time. i think of the structure of water; one, huge hydrogen atom with two, bonded oxygen atoms spinning thru the axis created by their relative being and so creating the effect of three dimensions in time; time being a perception of the relative action. i use this description because it is not analogical- we are primarily water and therefore primarily two dimensional at any given moment. our atomically three dimensional 'sacks' (skin)can have the two dimensional water run over it- but there is an abrasive action as the water spins so as to create the effect of three dimensions.

sean

d'oh!

i forgot- four or more atoms creating three dimensional solids (of the type our skin is made from), granite being an excellent example of a stable structure made primarily of quartz crystals- , being five like atoms taking the perceived form of elongated cubes.

sean

passionatural?

too fast? where'd ya go?