A philosophy discussion forum hosted by

Jim Macdonald's Philosophy Page

The Acropolis
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i am you and all i see is me

society can be defined as a bunch of roles. roles are the medium by which society is recognised and the message is agreement to pretension is beneficial. playing the good little citizen and not ripping someone's head off and shyting down their throat when they get on your nerves is a successful role that characterises civilised people.

you seem to be facing outwards and trying to comprehend internal machinations. are you asking, 'am i truly alone and all my relationships are as my myths?' or perhaps 'what is the more real- the private person i know as me or the public person known as me?'

perhaps not.

sean

Re: Re: i am you and all i see is me

thank you for your time. what you say makes sense but i think we are on different pages of the same book.

im asking this question so others may find their own answers.

ive resigned my self to this because i believe if i apply myself 100% to my ideas and beliefs they will imprint onto others ideas of me

Re: i am you and all i see is me

You are the "you" you know,knew, and will potentially know. You are also the "you" that everyone else knows,knew,and will potentially know.
Try to think of a human being in 4 dimensional flux from birth to death.

I belive that all things are exactly what they are belived to be but only to the beliver individually do they form. Though we may share an experience you and I may see different parts or the totality. Though because we use similar enough language we may appear to agree whole heartedly in our discriptions.