A philosophy discussion forum hosted by

Jim Macdonald's Philosophy Page

The Acropolis
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Angel

i'd imagine that anything which is considered unreal, and proves us wrong by ..proving their reality [angels] there would be great technological advancement. maybe, i'm not sure, because i don't know exactly how.

but maybe we could find some way to access "heaven" without death or something of the like. moral or intellectual. think about all the things which would actually be "wrong" and not just thought to be. think about all the conversational oppurtunities a real live angel would bring!!!

heden

Re: Angel

The word "Angel" means litterally "messenger". Angels are merely messengers of God. They have nothing to offer in the way of technilogical advances. Their purpose is merely to be agents of God's will. Other than that they are the residents of heaven, sinless beings living in perfect harmony with God. On the otherhand there are also the fallen angels. Those who chose to follow Satan when there was war in heaven. These are the demons, the evil spirits who battle for our souls. This is the Christian veiw of angels, I don't know that angels exist outside of Christianity and Judaism.