New Location: New DTA Forum

Hope to see you there!

The '61-'71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum #40
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
one of those rare days

Hi Chaps
Well its been a pretty rough beginning to the year over here in the Auld Country.The global recession has hit pretty hard.Virtually no work at all, gas prices are on the way back up, right now they are at nearly $7 a gallon. The weather has been crap.And the Dodge had the problem with a noisy lifter,(fixed now thanks to your advice)
Last week had to go haul some logs from where the horses are,old fella fired up straight off even switched over to LPG gas without the usual stutter,
Had an old Willie Nelson tape playing.Drove the 25miles like a dream, Locked the Warn hubs in and four wheeled thru the deep mud and loaded almost
(i reckon) a ton of logs.then drove back home.
A really great day.
Cheers all
John
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Re: one of those rare days

Seeing your truck on the narrow British roads must be a surprise to other drivers! You are using it like it was designed to be,and I'll bet the neighbors are a little jealous. Especially if they actually have to have something hauled!

Hey John, that looks like WORK, something I can stand by all day... Is your truck right or left hand drive? Either way, I do know that u chaps drive on the wrong side of the road.

That's awesome!!
What do your bumper stickers say?

Nice lookin rig. Here the trees are only mossy on the north side

Sure hope you never have to stop quick or your gonna have a need for rear window.Might want a "headache rack" if you haul much like this often.........pat

How much is LPG over there?

Johns bumper sticker reads.....

Proud to be an Englishman driving an American truck!

Hi all
To some folk work is a four letter word I haul just about everything on the ole truck had about three quarters of a ton of wet horse sh*t for my wifes allotment? (truck patch?) This weekend just gone.
LPG is around $3.50 a gallon which is around half the cost of petrol (gas)
Bumper stickers read
theres something women like about a pick up man
and cowboys would rather push their Dodge than drive a Ford.
Im always on the look out for any good ones I have about twenty on my two horse WW trailor
And the truck is Left hand drive just like Dodge intended. It does get a lot of looks and iv seen people taking pixs on their cell phones.
Cheers all
John

whoops that didnt work gotta get used to this new look
heres the pix I hope
John
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com