The '61-'71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum Has Moved

New Location: New DTA Forum

Hope to see you there!

The '61-'71 Dodge Sweptline Truck Forum #40
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photos and knowledge needed, please..

>>I'm interested to find out what the extra "L" knob is for next to my "L" knob for my lights. It functions exactly like the light knob (3 positions pulling out) but nothing I can tell happens?

Some trucks had an emergency flasher knob in that area, but it wouldn't be an L knob. Sounds like a mod to me, not a factory knob.

>>Also, did the 67 come with the black steering wheel or white one?
Yes
>>Chrome horn ring or no crome horn ring?
Yes
>>And the aluminum instrament panel or black?
Yes
>>My grandma's had the aluminum, maybe her truck was a different year or model...and finally I want to find the radio that should be with it.

Base model trucks had basic stuff. Custom trucks had the fancier stuff. It was whatever the buyer wanted to pay for. Those items are not year specific

Re: Re: Photos and knowledge needed, please..

Thanks, the emergency flasher is a bit above the light knob. I don't know why I didn't think about it being a replaced knob, but what throws me off is it pulls out in three positions like a light knob (i.e. 1.off 2.parking lights 3. headlights.
Thanks

Re: Photos and knowledge needed, please..

Are you sure the knob next to the lights isn't the wiper knob?

The photos below are from a 65 late series 65 D100 with the optioned interior except the bucket seats and passenger arm rest.

My '68 has (as a grouping) the light switch, brake light, and a factory hole with a plastic plug in it where on other trucks I have seen the manual choke cable. My wiper switch is to the right of the ignition. The emergency flasher is above the light switch by about 3-4".

Positive! I'm gonna take some pics this weekend. The wipers on the other side of the steering wheel. It'll make more sense if I post a picture.

Re: Re: Re: Photos and knowledge needed, please..

Better yet, hold the camera under the dash and take some pics of the actual switches and wires.
Might just be a spare light switch in case the other one goes bad - just reach up behind the dash, pull the connecter off and plug it onto the other one...:))]