Return to Website

Ask Faith

Artist, author and activist Faith Ringgold will answer questions about art-making and the business of art. Take a look at what everyone is talking about, add to the conversation or add something new by clicking on "POST". Please diregard the advertizments we do not condone or endorse any of it.

Ask Faith
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
high School Project

Dear Mrs. Ringgold,

Hello my name is Mariah Moncur. I am currently a high school student in Toronto Canada. For my final art project this year i have been assigned an artist and must create a Happy Birthday present for them. The artist I choose was you. I must admit I had no idea who you were until I began researching. I found myself very honored to have you as an assignment you are definitely a person to be admired and respected, an inspiration to so many people.

As a requirement for this art assignment I must get to know you as a person and an artist. I also must create a box or gift bag inspired by your art work. I 'm attempting to create a quilt bag with my personal story and was wondering if you have any tips to get me started.

Please respond ASAP if I have reached you. I have many questions and hope that wtih luck and patience i may be able to create an art piece worthy of you.

Sincerely Mariah Moncur

bookworm_moncur@hotmail.com

Are you an educator? no