Return to Website

Ask Faith

Artist, author and activist Faith Ringgold will answer questions about art-making and the business of art. Take a look at what everyone is talking about, add to the conversation or add something new by clicking on "POST". Please diregard the advertizments we do not condone or endorse any of it.

Ask Faith
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
this is amazing

This is fantastic. As usual Faith you are raising the bar. Working with you and Anyone Can fly has been divine it continues to shape and reshape me as a teacher. I feel so inspired by you and your work I want to explode. I struggle with time and you know I love and live for my work with the kids, but I feel such a strong need to get back to my own work. It's so hard for me with school and my own kids . I can't seem to make the time. What do you suggest?
I love having you this accessible. will the students be able to ASK FAITH too?

Re: this is amazing What is amazing is The magic of kids making art

I am so lucky to have been an art teacher of little children for so many years. How would I be sure that they are the best. Also they taught me as much or more than I ever taught them. When I was a teacher I always structured my lessons so that I could woprk along with them. However, I never let tthem see my work knowing they would think it was better than theirs and attempt to copy it. I was trying to soak up the magic they exude when they create art. It is unfortunate that most of them lose this magic when they get older. I am so glad I was able to experience that magic along with the years of art training I have become rich in my developement of color and composition and I owe that to the children. Work with the kids but don't let them SEE you. Love Faith