Return to Website

Ask Faith

Artist, author and activist Faith Ringgold will answer questions about art-making and the business of art. Take a look at what everyone is talking about, add to the conversation or add something new by clicking on "POST". Please diregard the advertizments we do not condone or endorse any of it.

Ask Faith
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Focus

From a myriad of possibilities, how does one find focus in art-making content?B

Re: Focus

I make art that speaks to my life, my struggle, my environment, my passion. I think one has to be passionate about something to want to recreate it. When I am not actually making art I am thinking about making it or how good I will feel when I am actually making art. I like to imagine a work that I have not made. However, when I am actually making the art I try not to see anything just feel the work. I want to keep feeling that good feeling I get when I have made a work and it has satisfied my passion to make art. I love to create something that has never been before now. Something only I can create. It is a lot like having a child only children change and go off on their own and leave you. The art may go off on its own but it will never change. Some where in the world it is still the same: that thing that only you could create.

Okay, great! Now I'm off to make some babies!

Re: Re: Focus

Babies are great artists. They will love to make a painting or a mess which comes first. And you can clean it up or make some too. Love Faith

focus:
Focus on getting good grades in school!

Are you an educator? no, I AM A 3RD GR. STUDENT