Return to Website

Ask Faith

Artist, author and activist Faith Ringgold will answer questions about art-making and the business of art. Take a look at what everyone is talking about, add to the conversation or add something new by clicking on "POST". Please diregard the advertizments we do not condone or endorse any of it.

Ask Faith
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Under a Blood Red Sky # 9

Hello Mrs. Faith
My name is Melvina Faison and i am currently a student at Delaware Technical Community College. I am in the process of doing an art assignment in my Composition class. I have been doing research on your painting Under a Blood Red Sky # 9. I need help with describing the piece as for as the subjects, colors, shapes, lines, texture, techniques, organization, positions and poses. Why did you use the colors that you used and is there a meaning behind that particular color? If so can you explain? What is the classification of this piece? What is the artistic style movement for this piece. Are there any characteristics of artistic style movements for this piece, if so what are they? I do not know any thing about art. The last time that i was in a art museum i was in elementary school. I am a 45 year old African American female in college. Since i have been doing research on this piece i have become interested in my culture art history. I would like to thank you in advance for your time and your help.

Are you an educator? No, i am a student at Delaware Technical Community College