Return to Website

Ask Faith

Artist, author and activist Faith Ringgold will answer questions about art-making and the business of art. Take a look at what everyone is talking about, add to the conversation or add something new by clicking on "POST". Please diregard the advertizments we do not condone or endorse any of it.

Ask Faith
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Report on you PLEASE HURRY!!!!

Hi Faith. I am doing a report for art on your amazing drawings. I have a few questions that I am having a hard time finding in any articles about you and I was hoping you could answer them for me.

1. When and where were you born?
2. What materials did you use for your art? (If paint what kind? did you use metal wood or found objects, ect.)
3. Why did you decide to make your art and where did you get the ideas for your art.
4. Any personal or interesting information about you or your art.

Thanks so much for reading this and HOPEFULLY for responding to it. If you could and its not to hard, could you please respond to me using my email adress which is threems1@yahoo.com if not it is not a big deal it would just be more convinient for me. I love your artwork and it has really inspired me and my artwork.

Please try and hurry with your answers this report is due on January 18th. Thanks again for helping me.

-Madison Motz age 13

Are you an educator? no

Re: Report on you PLEASE HURRY!!!!

1.She was born October 8, 1930 in Harlem, New York.
2.Sometimes she would use paint markers, paint, quilts, fabric, and story-telling.
3.Her artwork shows the African-American heritage, and teaches what African-Americans had to do to become free.

Hope this helped! I was not sure about the last question though!