Return to Website

Ask Faith

Artist, author and activist Faith Ringgold will answer questions about art-making and the business of art. Take a look at what everyone is talking about, add to the conversation or add something new by clicking on "POST". Please diregard the advertizments we do not condone or endorse any of it.

Ask Faith
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A child dreams in art

Hi!

I am a college student studying to be a classroom teacher in the future. I am currently in an art course for education major students, and we recently learned about your works.

Then a question I've received from an upper elementary student I taught for student aiding came to my mind. She asked me whether or not I thought she would be able to succeed as an artist in the future. I knew that the student was known to have no talent in art whatsoever among her friends. Of course, not being able to crush a young lady's dream, I told her that it could come true if she would try hard to achieve it. However, I was sad I couldn't give her any practical advice on the matter. I'd like to know how you would respond to her if you were in my shoes then.

Thanks,

Are you an educator? Studying to be one!