Stocktake is always a huge job. We do ours in June and work it like this:
- Librarian prints off all the labels and puts them into clear folders (one folder for each number series).
- Membership co-ordinator rosters duty members on for about 2 hours each - we have four members at each session and do four sessions from 9am.
- This year, on the Friday before, the librarian and I went through and put the toys in numerical order. It made it easier for the members to find it.
- We have also done an example of our 'perfect' label. Each member had that as they cleaned/checked the toys.
- Committee work on fixing the problems that members find - bags, boxes, labels, etc.
- This year we actually did the puzzles on the following Tuesday. This worked quite well.
We do a stocktake at the end of the financial year..but we now separate stock taking from cleaning..Last stocktake the committee went in with our photo catalogue and ticked off each toy..then followed up the missing /still on loan toys.
Cleaning is at a different time