Return to Website

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39

Welcome to our messageboard

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USS Quincy CA-71

My Dad, David A. Wood was a 2nd Lt. (gunnery officer) on the USS Quincy (the second one); CA-71. He's 83 years old, in good health, and maybe be able to answer questions anyone may have about the "new" Quincy. That ship was at Normandy, Cherbourg and over in Okinawa.

Will be happy to pass along to him any questions you may have.

Gwen

Re: USS Quincy CA-71

My Dad Wilbur W. Witt Sr. was on the Quincy at Normandy and when it was in Japan. He is now 83 and in not great but good health and tells what he did. He was on the damage control team when on ship also I have a Gun . sword , pistal of one ofthe japan officers that he met while over in japan. If anyone has more infro I would love to get it I also think He would injoy talking to anyone that was on it at that time thank you Wilbur Witt Jr, 843-48-0127 My Dad's number is 410-761-6736 he's outside Baltimore Maryland

My dad, Felix was on the damage control team as a welder.

I'm glad you wrote , My dad went home to the lord on March 12 2012 and is now at Arlington But I still have all the cruise stuff from his tour of duty Thanks Will Witt

My Father was on the Quincy CA71 too. His name is Roy Basham.I'm sure he would like to hear from some old ship mates but I will have to ask some names...

hi gwen, I know this was posted 8 years ago, but my dad was also on the quincy ca-71 in the gunnery division. he was a seaman first class, his name was frank berardi

Hi Gwen,

I recently purchased a japanese rifle captured by your dad in October 1945. Is he still living as I would love to get the details on the rifle. If he unfortunately passed, did he ever mention the rifle?

Thanks,

Keith Seafield