Return to Website

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39

Welcome to our messageboard

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CA-39 crew list - available?

Does anyone know where one could find crew lists of the CA-39, as well as the Astoria and Vincennes?

Please cc reply to my e-mail as well as this forum.

Re: CA-39 crew list - available?

I WILL BE GLAD TO SEND YOU A COPY OF WHAT I HAVE.

Re: Re: CA-39 crew list - available?

I would love to get a copy of a crew list for the Quincy as well. My uncle when down with the ship. Julius Frankel. Thank you.

Re: Re: CA-39 crew list - available?

My mother in laws close cousin was on the ship and she would love to have a list of the crew and if any photos are available. His last name was Kahn. They used to call him Joey not sure if that was a nickname.
He was from Brooklyn, New York.

Thank You,
Jo Anne Plumitallo

I tried to reply to "Zeke" Stires via the email link and the delivery failed. My uncle Raymond W. Weak was KIA when Quincy 39 went down, and if anyone has a copy I would really appreciate a crew list of both survivors and KIA.

hi Melinda my dad was on the uss quincy when it sank, would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the crew list.

Please let me know if anyone has a copy of the crew list. My Uncle served on it when it sunk. Henry (Hank) S Grager.

Please send me a copy of the list.

bakerwarren@bellsouth.net

Anyone ever get the ship's personnel? My uncle was blown off the ship and fortunately survived.

I work for the American Battle Monuments Commission in the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial. I would like to ensure all crew members lost on the USS Quincy are on our Wall of Missing and on our ABMC web site. Our engraving only have the Naval Rating State Enlisted From FUll Name and Branch of Service. It goes not have the ship or station.

If someone has a list of all those lost on the USS Quincy this would be of great help to us in ensuring the entire crew is memorialized here.

I would like to also have a crew list of the USS QUINCY as my uncle Douglass Clark survived the sinking.

I would also appreciate a list of the crew from CA-39. My husband's uncle Thomas G. Vadine was on the ship when it went down and fortunately survived.

My wife's grandfather was the ships doctor on the Quincy, and survived the sinking. I would also like a copy of the crew list.

was at quadalcanal in the invasion aboard the USS Quincy CA39. I am a survivor.
If there are any shipmates alive, please get in touch.

A.H. "Zeke" Stires
I WILL BE GLAD TO SEND YOU A COPY OF WHAT I HAVE.
My dad was also on the Quincy , his name was Robert Edward Robertson.He was a sight setter on a 5 inch gun.His best friend was from Quincy Mass. I am named for him Frank Stacy. I would like a copy of the crew and surviivores. thank you

I also would like a copy of the crew list. My wife's uncle was on the Quincy.

Thanks

Warren Baker

Albert,
My granddad was also a survivor the night the USS Quincy went down at Savo. He went home to be with the Lord and his shipmates a few years back. I miss him every day. I used to stay in touch with Tom Morris out of Boise.

Just wanted to say thanks for your service. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and have a happy new year!!