Return to Website

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39

Welcome to our messageboard

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bernard Henry "Jack" Bays

Hi, Thanks for the website, I would like to converse with some of the regulars here. I have some info and pictures that someone may be interested in, I know a few of the old war stories that were birthed on the decks of Quincy as told to me by my grandfather. I also have a couple of old pictures that I have not seen anywhere on the internet that I would be glad to share if anyone wants them. My grandfather survived the sinking at Savo Island with lifelong injuries for which he was awarded the purple heart medal. He was honorably discharged from the USN. December 4, 1945 and lived until 1994. I have most if not all of his naval documents, awards, exact rank, and personnel # from the USN.
I would like to understand why so many peoples loved ones (including my grand father)who served aboard the ship have failed to make the roster. Are the rosters on this website legitimate ones? I just think that every single soul who gave so much of themselves for our freedom and dignity should be recognized.
Please help me see to it that his name is added to the list, or at least help me get pointed in the right direction. I am ready and willing to help in any way to get this job done.
Thanks for your anticipated help.
S.W. Lytton