Return to Website

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39

Welcome to our messageboard

USS Quincy CA-71 & CA-39
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ashtray from USS Quincy

Hi, Just wanted to let everyone know that I have an ashtray that I am selling that was made from a 5" shell. It is marked U.S.S. Quincy, 1945, Presidential Cruise Jan 22- Feb 23. Made to hold cigars. Each cigar holder is made from a british coin with one coin mounted in the middle. $60.00 dollars plus $5.00 shipping in the U.S. Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I think it needs a new home. 4 battle stars...... Wow the Quincy was one tough ship. My dad was a WW2 vet(air corp) so I have a lot of respect for our WW2 vets who basically saved the world from the fascists. Anyway e-mail me at brian_still@comcast.net and I will be happy to send photos. Thanks

Re: Ashtray from USS Quincy

Hi Brian,
I will be 87 years old next week.When I was 18 years old back in Dec 15 1943 I was on board the USS Quincy ca 71 for the commissioning of this brand new ship.I was on the 5 inch guns.I was on her through the FRance invasions,the president Roosevelt trip to Yalta. When we arrived back in the states ,six days later we were shipped out to engage in the Okinowa invasion and the bombardments of Japans mainland.

I'm interested in the ash tray that you have .Please send me photos of it.

Thank you
Bob Winsjansen
wnsjnsn@yahoo.com

Re: Ashtray from USS Quincy

Thanks Bob, I will consider it sold to you. I will email you the info. Brian