Return to Website

RailWest Message Board

This Message Board is intended for information and queries relating to the railways of the UK West Country.

RailWest Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Signal Boxes On the WSX

Can anyone tell me how a lever-frame signal box can control a track curcuit layout e.g. Gillingham

Thanks

Henry

Re: Signal Boxes On the WSX

I am not really sure that I understand the basis of this question. Is there something specific about this common situation on which you need clarification please?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Can anyone tell me how a lever-frame signal box can control a track curcuit layout e.g. Gillingham

Thanks

Henry

Re: Re: Signal Boxes On the WSX

Well how can a lever frame control a colour light set up??

Replying to:

I am not really sure that I understand the basis of this question. Is there something specific about this common situation on which you need clarification please?

Replying to:

Thanks

Henry

Re: Signal Boxes On the WSX

Quite simple really. Attached to the bottom of each lever is a circuit controller, in essence a large multi-pole electric switch. Working the lever works the switch and the rest is done by electricity rather than pulling a mechanical wire or rod.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Thanks

Henry

So it's basicly like turning on a light switch! But inturn connected to the Track circuit system.

Replying to:

Quite simple really. Attached to the bottom of each lever is a circuit controller, in essence a large multi-pole electric switch. Working the lever works the switch and the rest is done by electricity rather than pulling a mechanical wire or rod.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Thanks

Henry

Do you know John Parsons?????

Replying to:

Replying to:

Thanks

Henry