Return to Website

RailWest Message Board

This Message Board is intended for information and queries relating to the railways of the UK West Country.

RailWest Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GWR - History

Hello,

I am an employee of Kays of Worcester and have recently been appointed as the company's official historian.

As a company Kays, and its other company, Skarratt, supplied clocks, watches and timepieces to the Great Western Railway and the Italian Railway Network.

One of our clocks was the famous three-faced clock on Paddington station; another was located at Fishgard.

I am compiling the history of the company and would welcome any contact from people who have in their possession or know of the whereabouts of clocks and watches that bear the Kays or Skarratts name.

The company is arranging to deliver one of the station "two-face" clocks (approx eight foot in diameter) to STEAM at Swindon. This museum already has several clocks on display from the company.

If you have any pictures, documents or atrefacts then please contact me either on Worcester(01905)615248; e-mail "bernard.mills@realitygroup.com" or write to

Bernard Mills

(Kays History)

Reality Group Ltd

Northwick Avenue

Worcester

WR99 1GA.

I look forward hearing from you if you can help with my company's fascinating history.

Kindest regards

Bernard Mills

(apologies for the anonymous entry of earlier - my fault!)