Hobby and Collectibles Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Hobby and Collectibles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stamps

My mother in law started collecting stamps when my husband was a boy scout (50+yrs ago, we would like to do some research to find out their worth and history. Can you recommend a resource book. Your website is fantastic but I would have to spend hours on this website to find things. Most are in the little plastic wrappers and hooked to the pages she bought from the post office. These pages are all in binders. Thank you.

Re: Stamps

Rita,
Thanks for writing. While I understand that you would not want to spend a great deal of time learning about stamps, unfortunately there is no short-cut to stamp valuation. Knowing the value of a collection takes some knowledge and experience. I might suggest that you consult a professional stamp dealer. One idea would be to take one of the binders to a local stamp show where you would have an opportunity to chat with several dealers all in one spot.
Paul

Re: Stamps

I was hoping there was a book I could look through while sitting outside at the patio table. (don't have a laptop). Does anyone know if there is a stamp show in my local area of Southern California or Las Vegas?? Would love to have a reason to go to Vegas. Thanks.