Hobby and Collectibles Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Hobby and Collectibles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scrapbooking

Hi!! My name is Tina and I started scrapbooking a couple years ago. At first I didn't think that I had anything to scrapbook. My husband and I didn't travel, and we didn't have children, and we didn't take pictures. When I went to a scrapbook meeting, I realized that it may not seem to be important to me right now, but someday, I would look back and be glad that I had started a chronicle of my husband's and my life together. My husband was an only child and after both of his parents passed away, we found pictures everywhere. As we went through them, there were so many pictures with so many story's, but because nothing was chronicled, we had no way of knowing who most of the people in the pictures were. We do not want to happen to the generation that follows us. We may not have any children, but we have other family members, friends, and will someday be able to tell the story of our lives through the albums we leave. The most important thing I have learned about scrapbooking in the last two years is that it isn't just the pictures, or the pretty way we decorate our pages, but it is about recording the "who, what and where" that is just as important as the pictures themselves. I would love to hear about how some of you started scrapbooking!