Hobby and Collectibles Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Hobby and Collectibles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Entourage is a very Funny Best Show

"Entourage DVD" is rife with inside jokes, but not enough to lose the average viewer. Instead, the average viewer might just see the show as a bunch of losers whining about the good life and living high off the hog without really working. I enjoy it, but it's certainly not for everybody. I see it as another example of why I don't, and never want to, live in Los Angeles.Criminal Minds DVDShow business is unlike any other business: they work by their own rules and decide who to let into their little clique. It's about as safe as sleeping in a pit full of vipers, but our glimpse at what it's like to live on top is good a onLike most of you mildly miserable folks, I enjoy a healthy serving of shadenfreude when watching a show about handsome, successful Hollywood types. One Tree Hill DVDI like... scratch that... I feel unbridled glee when one of these beautiful people get hit with a shovelful of trouble and a cannonball in the gut of comeuppance. Sorry to say, you won't experience this nasty little feeling when watching this splendid half-hour of comedy (with just a lightest sprinkling of drama). Bones DVDIt is darn near impossible to root against the five main leads as they navigate their way through the sun-soaked, egomaniacal LA mayhem.
The series has a dreamy, low-key flow that centers around the impossibly good-looking Vinnie Chase, a charming young actor on the rise who surrounds himself with a retinue of pals relocated from Queens, NY. Entourage boasts the most entertaining comedic TV duo since Jason Bateman and David Garrison went head to head in "It's Your Move." Vincent's older brother and C-list actor, the cocky and sublimely insecure Johnny Drama (Kevin Dillon in his best role ever) is rarely seen without sidekick Turtle, the chubby yet confident gofer/chauffer/schemer. Lost DVDEveryone on the planet has met or hung out with a Turtle-kinda-guy, but probably none as impishly appealing.The writing, directing and editing is top-notch - subtle, wacky and always touching - and again, if I didn't make my point before, simply hilarious. One nitpick: the show goes a bit overboard with product placement, but hey, that's Hollywood, and they actually make light of it when Vinnie goes on the Jimmy Kimmel show. So all is forgiven. I just watched all of Season Two in one sitting (Thank you HBO for the free promotional weekend!) and it is as good, if not better, than the first.