Hobby and Collectibles Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Hobby and Collectibles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Must See Grey's Anatomy DVD!!!

"Grey's Anatomy DVD" can be a play on words. Meredith is finding herself, not only in the surgical world, but in her personal life. Her mother is a surgeon suffering from Alzheimer's, her father is dead. She falls in love with the handsome Chief Neurosurgeon, Dr. Derek Shepard played by Patrick Dempsey. Entourage DVDShe later finds out he is married to a pediatric surgeon. Her new roommates are all surgical interns: T.R. Knight as bumbling, inept, George O'Malley; Sandra Oh, as Cristina Yang , one of my favorites, and Katherine Heigl as Isobel "Izzie" Stevens. Cristina Yang has a one night affair with the hunky,Chief Surgical Resident, Preston Burke; that moves onto "true" lust. They are so diametrically different that the old saying" opposites attract" is, oh, so true. The show is funny, has lots of drama, unrealistic at times and then more than real at other times. The workings of a real hospital? I will leave that for you to decide. Criminal Minds DVDThe drama of every day in the life of a surgical intern. Too much work, too little time, but these interns always find time for the personal stories of their patients and, this is where the shows true colors come shining through.
This is a TV show that works as well. The personalities ring true; we like them, we want them to succeed. One Tree Hill DVDHighly recommended. Even if the writing wasn't top-notch, the cast would be able to keep the show afloat. Ellen Pompeo is very good as Meredith, but her performance is dominated by those from the rest of the cast. Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight are particularly great, and the two work very well together. Sandra Oh is very amusing, and she has some great chemistry with Isaiah Washington - who is, by the way, excellent. Bones DVDThen there's Patrick Dempsey, whose Derek Shepherd is as suave and cool a doctor as ever there was.It seems that most shows today have great soundtracks. GREY'S ANATOMY is no exception - in fact, it has one of the best soundtracks of any show airing today. The songs add new depth to each scene, always enhancing the show rather than detracting from it. The theme song, Psapp's "Cosy in the Rocket", works wonderfully in the credits sequence. I must say that the credits sequence is one of the best I've ever seen.