PATTNI CONNECTION FORUM

Forum for Parajiya Pattni Soni Members Only

PATTNI CONNECTION FORUM
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Formation of NA - PPA

Thank you all for your responses. Nothing is more valuable than input from our Pattni members. More comments, the better.

We need to bear in mind that Toronto used to organise Diwali dinners and picnics. However from the feedback that I have received, the interest has now fizzled out.

Thus Pravinbhai’s suggestion of the possibility of forming a body in Canada to start with, is going to be non starter.

There is a need to widen the area and that is why my suggestion was to form NA-PPA that will cover the entire region of the USA and Canada.

Pattni Connection role will be to bring Pattni members together. Once a provisional committee is formed, it can take over the role of communicating directly with NA members by collecting e-mail addresses.

Yes I agree that NA-PPA will not be the same as other Pattni unions which has a concentration of community members. Due to the vast area, the proposed body will have to depend heavily on the internet.

I am sure once a body is formed, members will come forward with innovative ideas of taking NA-PPA to the next level.

I would urge members to come forward. Kick start the project in a very modest way with open mind. The success will indeed follow.

Re: Formation of NA - PPA

Pran,

I am surprised that you are abandoning the suggestion of forming the Samaj body on account of past " fizzling " of Diwali activities in Toronto. This type of hurdles are always tenable by having a meeting and bringing in more understanding. You, being held in high esteem of the Pattni Connection, would have influence by organizing a meeting of our community members. I am absolutely cognizant of the fact this is an onerous task. This effort demands time and all the diligence. With the participation of Pattnis together with all Sonis there can be a strong union. During the exchange of posting couple of names e.g. Bhasker Pattni, Kanchan Zala can be conducive to the notion.

As for your idea of having Pattni Connection as catalyst in the formation NA samaj, can you please enlighten me on the following:

1). How many of our members participate in any deliberation when you have opened forum for
discussion. It would be far fetched expectation to operate an organization in light of
apathy towards just ordinary discussion.

2). We have samaj bodies in various cities in the U.K. Can you point to role played by
Pattni sites in bringing about more understanding and cohesion among the bodies.

Please don't think I am being an skeptical. On the contrary I salute your effort and aspiration.

Regards.
Pravin.