PATTNI CONNECTION FORUM

Forum for Parajiya Pattni Soni Members Only

PATTNI CONNECTION FORUM
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Great Debate - The Future of Pattni Connection

Since my announcement of stepping down as your webmaster, I have been inundated with phone calls and messages from all over the world past two days. I sincerely thank you all for your support and genuinely understand your strong feeling against my decision.

Taking decision of stepping down as the webmaster was not taken lightly or abruptly but after months of deliberations and discussions with all committees.

It has always been my effort to bring all our Samaj institutions together under one umbrella.

However as you are all aware, some of our centres have decided to go their own way by either starting their own Facebook Group or regional website.

The reason for the huge success of Pattni Connection is because of its strict neutrality, sincere service to our worldwide community and remaining above local Samaj politics.

The statistics of Pattni Connection speaks for itself:
720,000 web hits visited by Pattni members from 32 countries,
2,100 members joining Pattni Connection Facebook Group and still growing,
6000 photos uploaded on the website, the largest collection of Pattnis worldwide,
20,000 e-mails traffic handled over the period of nine years.

The Great Debate:
In order to get the feedback and constructive suggestions on the future of Pattni Connection, I have uploaded some of the messages received in the Open Forum. Please visit the forum and take part in the Great Debate. Do please express your views and suggestions on how we should move forward.

The most important thing we need to bear in mind is that whatever the action we take now will have a serious implication for our future generation.

The important question each of us need to ask is whether we all wish to stay together and be part of a successful united community or not? This is the golden opportunity of worldwide unity. If we don’t bring the world unity now then it’s never going to happen. It is now or never. The decision is yours.

Making Death Announcements
As an interim measure, in order to alleviate the concerns expressed by many members I shall carry on making urgent death announcements. This is Samaj Sewa and I shall indeed serve our community with humility.

Pranlal C Arjan Dhanak
PattniConnection@gmail.com

Re: The Great Debate - The Future of Pattni Connection

Dear Pranbhai

You should carry on till 2015 and complete 10 years of service to the community.

Jamnagar too will be celebrating the Golden Jubilee in 2015. It will give us an opportunity to celebrate the grand twin anniversaries – Samaj Golden Jubilee and 10 years of Pattni Connection.

Pattni Connection has become a household name and its presentation and promotion of each Samaj has been excellent.

We at Jamnagar have not started a website and as we are so busy with Samaj activities that simply do not have time to start a website. It will be a great relief if you carry on with Pattni Connection. We shall always be by your side should you ever need our assistance.

With so many varied opinions, we too are facing lot of difficulties in forming the World Federation. A strong media like Pattni Connection along with all Gujarati publication is required to bring our institutions together.

As you are a member of the overseas coordinating committee for the Akhil Bhartiya Federation, on behalf of the Federation executive committee, we extend our invitation to come to Jamnagar to discuss the future of Pattni Connection.

At present we are busy with Samuh Lagnotsava arrangement. Five couples are participating in this year’s lagnotsava. We shall be going to Khajuri Gundala (Jetpur) to attend Shrimad Bhagwat Saptah.

We will discuss the issues further at the time of your visit to India.

Finally, we would again urge you to carry on with the excellent work that you are doing on Pattni Connection.

Dhirajlal Dhakan (President, Akhil Bhartiya Soni Gnati Federation)
Kantibhai Ghaghada (President, Jamnagar Samaj)

Hello Pranbhai,

No Stepping Down

I had to read the newsletter twice to make sure I am reading it correctly!

I was shocked and dishearten to read about the decision of stepping down. Pattni Connection is the powerful media you have single handedly built to connect all Pattnis and it is wonderful to know what's happening at other Samaj worldwide.

It will be a big blow to Pattnis. You have worked extremely hard and dedicated your time towards the Samaj without any help despite all the local difficulties that you have faced.

My humble request is please please DO NOT step down.

Pattni Connection is a household name on every Pattnis lip.

Please continue and thank you for all your hard work and support. PLEASE THINK AGAIN.

Kind regards
Bharti Dilip Harji (Ghaghada)
Hon. Secretary, PPA Leicester

Namaste Pranbhai,

I was disappointed to hear that you are stepping down from PC.

I understand that it must have been a decision arrived at after much deliberation on your part. As I totally fail to understand the reasoning behind your decision, perhaps you could enlighten me if I am missing something.

PC serves a crucial role in the comms of our samaj and therefore to pull the plug on it will greatly hamper the flow of information within our community.

As you have now made your intentions known, all I can say is thank you very much for supporting us all at LMK PPA.

Your support and advice has been invaluable and will remain irreplaceable.

Kind regards,

Vipin Ranchhoddas
Hon. Secretary, PPA Luton & MK

Pranbhai your exit will be a big blow to the Pattni / Soni world & especially the youth.

On behalf of your childhood Samaj it is our humble request you reconsider your stand & in the mean time we can look for your successor.

Pattni Connection is a household name & we cannot just discard it after a lot of hard work & dedication has been poured in.

May Mataji bless you & sincerely hope you will reconsider your decision.

Jai Mataji.
Ajay Pattni, Hon. Secretary, SPPS

Mr Pran – Pattni Connection

This morning I picked up the website Pattni Connection newsletter and was shocked to know that Pattni Connection has discontinued the news. Even last time I mentioned that Pattni Connection in his journey of eight years gain the name and become the household name in Pattni Samaj all over the world.

It is a central body that gives news from all corners of the world whereas other Pattni websites are regional. Let them serve their own region.

I travel to India, UK and other countries quite often and wherever I go they rely on Pattni Connection for news.

According to you when regional websites are there, the services of Pattni Connection are no longer required.

Regional websites are for their own region and since some countries are very small they don’t have their website.

For example Death Announcements, Charity Work announcements, etc., Pattni Connection is most effective media.

Please continue serving our community by your selfless work. It is really useful media for our community.

Harshad Rana
Trustee, Pattni Brotherhood
Overseas Coordinating Committee member, Akhil Bhartiya Soni Gnati Federation

Jsk.

Indeed sad news for Pattnis.

However you should not give up. Hand over to someone you can trust.

Wishing u well.

Enjoy your real retirement now!

Ashwin Morarjibhai Soni
Past Trustee, Shree Sanatan Mandir, Crawley, UK

Oh shocked - Pranbhai you have done a wonderful selfless service for good nine years and have seen you develop the website from the very early days despite challenges you had faced.

Will humbly request you kindly reconsider or pass over to someone else.

With best regards Unnat N Pattni.

Unnat Nagindas Pattni, Nairobi
Youth coordinator, Pattni Brotherhood, Nairobi
Past Secretary, PPA London

Dear Pran

This news I am reading on your last update email is very sad news for everyone in the community.

As I said during our last discussion, I can understand the strain this position puts on you and your family, and I can understand your need for an assistant.

But please do not give up this position.

I urge you again to reconsider your decision.

Ramesh Hirjibhai (Past Committee member, PPA Birmingham)

Really sorry to hear that Pranbhai

Hope you are doing well. You play an important role in relaying all the Pattni info...our networking and news information within Parajya Pattnis ...is anything planned for the future of the website? or is facebook going to be the new medium?

Me shocked as well...

Please continue.

You are doing great work.

May God Bless you

SHRI PRANBHAI.

THE INFORMATION WHICH YOU HAVE GIVEN REALY I AM NOT VERY HAPPY WITH.

YOU HAVE DONE WELL , DONE WORK AND I HAD VERY GOOD SUPPORT FROM YOU PRANBHAI.

YOU HAVE GIVEN ME VERY GOOD ADIVICE ALL THE TIME.

I REALY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

Motabhai what happened now?

You cannot give up now.

Carry on.

It is sad to hear that you are no longer run Pattani Connection web site as a webmaster.

You have done the great job without any financially help from any of Pattani’s and gave us your 9 years of service.

Hope you may decide to continue,

Best of luck for future.

We’ll miss your every week email service.

Sorry to see you go Pranbhai ... Hope everything is okay... let me take this opportunity to say you have done a great job not only creating Pattni Connection web-site but also running it as well..

We will all miss you very much I am sure i speak for all members .. if there is anything i can do please let me know .. please keep in touch !!!

Regards & Jai Shri Krishna to you and your Family !!!

Hello and JSK Pranbhai,

First of all, its very sad to hear that you are stepping down as the Pattni Connection website's Web Master.

You have done a tremendous job - with sheer dedication and helped mature the website which had brought Pattnis worldwide so close to home.

Having a website in the first place was a landmark for the Pattnis!!

Thanking you for all your services, time and dedication to the Pattni Samaj.

May God Bless you and rewards you and help fulfill your dreams.

Lastly, you've not mentioned who is following your footsteps and taking the role of the Web Master.

Any chance you can share some insight to all?

Many thanks,
Kishor & Urmila Jadavji
Leicester

Pranlal

I was shocked to hear today that you are stepping down............................

You have served the whole Pattni Community Worldwide with dedication

Why now?

I hope you will carry on.

Regards

Narotam Pattni

Dear Pranbhai

I am very saddend and upset to read your message that you are stepping down !!!!

I know you have been having thoughts about this for some time but I also believed that with all the support worldwide you will be able to maintain your position and continue the execellent work you have been doing for the Pattni Community so tirelessly !!!!

Hats off to you and I personally salute you for your dedication .

But needless to say that I will cherish all the wonderful news and photos from Mombasa that has made me proud , given me immense joy and happiness all of which only you made it possible .

I am not sure what the consequences will be , but I know I will miss our regular contact and definitely Pattni Connection will never be the same again !!!!!

with tears and sadness :(((((
Shobha

Dear Pranbhai,
When I read your email about you stepping down
I was very shocked to hear it.
You have been doing a wonderful job over
last nine years and giving your valuable time.
Through Pattni connection, we get all the Pattni
brotherhood news from all over the world.

You should continue doing this wonderful
job just like before.

Pattni connection should not be stopped.

I totally support the continuity.

Kirit Dalsukhrai Pattni

JSK Pran - delighted to receive this email. As a true man of Dharma, and one of greatest and best Pattnis, I am so please to read that you are having second thoughts and thus prepared to reconsider.

What needs to happy is that the London PPA President and you should plan to get together with help and support of other regional presidents. The purpose of the meeting should be to reconcile and find a way that is acceptable for the good of PPA UK and Worldwide. You have worked hard for 9 years to keep us all together. We must not let this good and hard work go to waste. Instead we have to build on it for our future generation.

I am delighted that you will continue to make the death announcements. I was very worried that the excellent work you do and guide us all would stop.

Apart from the statistics, I can vouch that Pattni Connections is the best web site I have seen run by small number of dedicated and genuine Pattnis. We must continue and build on this.

I hope and trust the London and regional Presidents would come forward and take leadership in this important matter.

Best regards, Ashwin

Pran C. Arjan Dhanak - Editor / Webmaster

Since my announcement of stepping down as your webmaster, I have been inundated with phone calls and messages from all over the world past two days. I sincerely thank you all for your support and genuinely understand your strong feeling against my decision.

Taking decision of stepping down as the webmaster was not taken lightly or abruptly but after months of deliberations and discussions with all committees.

It has always been my effort to bring all our Samaj institutions together under one umbrella.

However as you are all aware, some of our centres have decided to go their own way by either starting their own Facebook Group or regional website.

The reason for the huge success of Pattni Connection is because of its strict neutrality, sincere service to our worldwide community and remaining above local Samaj politics.

The statistics of Pattni Connection speaks for itself:
720,000 web hits visited by Pattni members from 32 countries,
2,100 members joining Pattni Connection Facebook Group and still growing,
6000 photos uploaded on the website, the largest collection of Pattnis worldwide,
20,000 e-mails traffic handled over the period of nine years.

The Great Debate:
In order to get the feedback and constructive suggestions on the future of Pattni Connection, I have uploaded some of the messages received in the Open Forum. Please visit the forum and take part in the Great Debate. Do please express your views and suggestions on how we should move forward.

The most important thing we need to bear in mind is that whatever the action we take now will have a serious implication for our future generation.

The important question each of us need to ask is whether we all wish to stay together and be part of a successful united community or not? This is the golden opportunity of worldwide unity. If we don’t bring the world unity now then it’s never going to happen. It is now or never. The decision is yours.

Making Death Announcements
As an interim measure, in order to alleviate the concerns expressed by many members I shall carry on making urgent death announcements. This is Samaj Sewa and I shall indeed serve our community with humility.

Pranlal C Arjan Dhanak
PattniConnection@gmail.com

Jay Shree Krishna Pranbhai
Just read all debate what to say now ?
as a pattni connection now is world wide, why other members do their own group it is like before 1947 there is 547 state in India same way we follow !!!!! no need to do all these thing sorry to say but it is a question of personal ego by our soni samaj members
when you take decision what to say please do not leave
now it is your decision and wish
with regards
your younger brother
Vasant Dhanak.

Dear Pran
Very sad news indeed.
I would like to ask you one question,
Would your decision have been the same if instead of you living in UK were based in the USA or Canada or even in India?
You have created a "WWW" of Parajiya Pattni Samaj do not let local or regional disagreements come in the way of the community at large.
My Best Wishes and Kind Regards
Ashk Jinalal Challa

Dear Pranbhai,

I was saddened to hear that you are going to step down.

The website you and your team has created is absolutely brilliant - for me who is slightly out of the community, it is a means of keeping in touch with the wider Pattni Samaj. When I read news of what our Pattni Samaj is doing around the World, it makes me very proud and I tell my children whats going on.

Indeed, I often show other communities what you have achieved by creating this link to what is actually going on in our community.

I don't know the reasons behind your decision. Fragments are part and parcel of success but Pattni Connection is the source and should continue to flourish. I hope you do continue and thank you for all your hard work.

Dear Pran Uncle,

I would like to express great appreciation for the marvelous work you have done in maintaining the website and keeping the community connected and well informed of vital information for all PPAs worldwide.

It is with great sadness that I am hearing about your potential departure as webmaster for our community site

I urge you along with other fellow PPA committe members to please kindly re-consider as we now have another golden opportunity to continue your great success along with the community's support.

It would be a great dissapoint to see your legacy end as it has been an impressive on which we all have appreciated throughout all these years.

I hope all these messages will be the much needed catalyst to propel a renewed sense of enthusiasm and committment...

Yours Sincerely

JRP

An open forum, with regional moderators, is the way forward.

The future is dialogue and to empower the huge community to submit their comments, suggestion, news,announcements directly to a global forum. No time lags.

You will then get more buy-in, and therefore more involvement - by young and old. It may also encourage more of our senior citizens to get on line.

Such an important topic for the community, and so far only 20+ people have commented on it - and most of them regional representatives. It is only when we have hundreds of community members offering their thoughts will we have truly involved our membership. And therefore the suggestion of an easily accessible open forum.

The transition from the Pattni Connection we know and rely on to a public forum should take place over the next few months, under your leadership. And then you can "retire" knowing your hard work and dedication has truly paid off.

That will be your lasting legacy to the community.

Dear Pranbhai,

Sorry to hear of your stepping down; very shocking news to us all hope everything is alright though I understand it is a huge commitment to undertake maintaining such a site and keeping up to date with news within the community.

Thank you for your efforts over the years you have done a marvellous job in keeping our community connected worldwide and the statistics themselves speak volumes - PC is simply a household name as they say.

I suggest instead of stepping down entirely why not maintain the backbone of the site and oversee somebody perhaps from the youth of this committee to step up and slowly take the duty upon themselves as this will ensure continuity of this legacy.

I look forward to seeing the conclusion on this debate in due course

Regards,

Dr Radhika Mistry (Jadavji)
PPA Leicester/Birmingham

Dear Pran,

I for one am truly appreciative of your wonderful commitment and dedication in keeping all of us connected.

As remote as we are, your efforts kept us in the loop.

Kindly please reconsider your decision.

Regards
DINESH PATTNI
Kericho
Kenya

Pradip Pattni
An open forum, with regional moderators, is the way forward.

The future is dialogue and to empower the huge community to submit their comments, suggestion, news,announcements directly to a global forum. No time lags.

You will then get more buy-in, and therefore more involvement - by young and old. It may also encourage more of our senior citizens to get on line.

Such an important topic for the community, and so far only 20+ people have commented on it - and most of them regional representatives. It is only when we have hundreds of community members offering their thoughts will we have truly involved our membership. And therefore the suggestion of an easily accessible open forum.

The transition from the Pattni Connection we know and rely on to a public forum should take place over the next few months, under your leadership. And then you can "retire" knowing your hard work and dedication has truly paid off.

That will be your lasting legacy to the community.

For those regional representatives interested in an open forum, I suggest you review this. There are 1000's of forums running this software.

https://www.vbulletin.com

A forum that encourages dialogue and allows addition of content by all members will generate the widespread involvement many of you seek. All too often you see the same names mentioned - the community needs wider involvement if it is to be healthy.

The toothpaste/monologue approach is out-dated

And a forum of this type will never be dependant on any individual.

Pran should help set this up and email his full database to encourage them to join the forum, or else make the database available to the Pattni community.

Dear Pran,

I see a little reason to subscribing to the “Great Debate” for the continuation of the Pattni Connection website. You have been the instrument of its inception. You must be aware of the boat race between the Oxford and the Cambridge Universities. Each boat has a coxswain and the oarsmen. As for the Pattni Connection you have fulfilled the role of both coxswain and the oarsmen. I do not see your reason or rationale of thinking to give up the handling of the website of the Pattni Connection. Your fear of other regional community websites dwarfing and eclipsing the Pattni Connection is absolutely baseless. However I would urge you, as the webmaster and the editor, to utilize your clout to being non partial in giving in to pandering or coddling to the egoism of certain so called prominent personalities of the community. You have been able to foster the feeling of brotherhood amongst the Pattni community members throughout the world so be weary in not tarnishing it by tilting or swaying to the ulterior motives of people seeking glory through your esteem medium.

Dear Pranlal,

I was very taken aback when I saw the email about you shutting down the PattniConnection website. I am glad that there is some continued usage for announcements.

You have achieved a great deal in the last few years in uniting the Parajiya Pattni Community worldwide with many (I believe over 30) Samajs now linked together and their members subscribing to PattniConnection.

This is a great achievement and on-line is the way forward. I therefore urge you to continue with your operation of PattniConnection. I am sure that you will have had several calls and emails in support.

In our telephone conversation you eluded to some reasons for shutting down and I fully understand your sentiments. But it is not about one Samaj Committee in one city in one country. We are talking about Worldwide Connection and if the one Samaj Committee is demanding that the operation be handed over to them, then this is not right and the worldwide community cannot be held to ransom by one Samaj Committee.

The unity across the world has been demonstrated by the Diwali Messages that were published on PattniConnection. The unity across the Soni Gnati has also been demonstrated elsewhere - PattniConnection reported that the Halar Parajiya Soni Samaj has held a meeting to unite all Samajs within Halar area to bring the spirit of brotherhood and unity. To now let this go is a step backward for the whole Parajiya Pattni Community.

It is not fair that those who serve the community are slated and abused. I know this happens from my time as UK National President, when anonymous abusive letters were sent by some members.

What I suggested to you as a possible way forward was that the links to other Samaj websites are maintained by PattniConnection and that the individual Samaj websites are updated locally. This will spread the load. Also, sub-editors should be nominated and appointed in each geographical region, say, India (split between Mumbai and Gujarat) East Africa, South Africa, USA, UAE and UK. This would enable more input and not be a burden on you alone. Ultimate control must be maintained with one or two webmasters to maintain quality and safeguard against misuse.

Within the Pattni Community we have lots of members who are specialists in operation of websites and we must engage these people to assist in the operation of PattniConnection. It will also safeguard the future of the website.

This matter needs open debate and if certain members or even Samaj Committees are not willing or able to participate, then they will be left out and the general Parajiya Pattni members will soon realise where the problem lies. I suggest that a general meeting should be convened to debate the future of PattniConnection and we should call on our current and past leaders to participate in this and guide the way forward.

I urge you once again to continue the operation of PattniConnection and lets find a way forward to maintain the unity that now exists. In the words on the website “PATTNI CONNECTION Serving Parajiya Pattni Samaj Worldwide” – United we stand – Divided we fall!

Jai Mataji

Bharat Narshidas Mithabhai Ghaghda

Past National President – Parajiya Pattni Association UK

I have no idea how many people are served by the Pattni Connection, but it will be many thousands.

And yet we have only 29 comments on this most important subject. Pran, would it help if you sent an email to each member and ask them to put forward their views?

I would like some clarification on some of the issues you raised in your last announcement, I hope you will indulge my request:

You mentioned "The reason for my stepping down was out of growing frustration for the lack of brotherhood in our community. If committees wish to go their own way, start individual websites & Facebook groups and not working together in cohesion and harmony then I thought its better that I step down."

Will you please clarify?

You mentioned "Stepping down as the webmaster was making a far reaching effect to many Samaj institutions who were dependant on Pattni Connection to promote their activities. After considering their valued suggestions, I have humbly accepted their request that I should carry on till we find a permanent solution.

So from now Pattni Connection shall be making important death announcements and also resume for an interim period to serve our Samajs who have supported Pattni Connection. Pattni Connection shall also do its Samaj Sewa by promoting charitable activities for the betterment of our community."

That is good news, but i hope you will continue to serve the entire Pattni community

I agree we will not get such an opportunity to discuss this again, and hope you can lead a team of 6 or so moderators to create an open forum that is for the community, by the community contributing directly.

By March 31, 2014, we should have reached an agreement & implemented an overarching solution.

I wish you well.

Pradip

Jai Shree Krishna Pran - thank you for your email of 16/12/2013. You have, as I had expected made a good interim decision, in that you will continue until the issues you have identified are resolved properly.

You have quoted Bharatbhai Narshidas calling for a national meeting of past and current leaders to debate the future of Pattni Connection.

Pradip Pattni and I had also requested for a the same to take place.

What I would like to know is if anything is happening? I would like to request Bharatbhai to take leadership in this matter.

Bharatbhai could you kindly get all the regional chairs together and start a process to reconcile this matter?

As Pradip mentioned - it would be excellent if this could be done by the end of March 2014.

We must be serious about this matter. Our Regional Chairs should come forward and show leadership to reconcile all the issues so we have a win win outcome for our Community.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy, Health and Prosperous New Year.

It is good to know that the “Great Debate’ is transpiring into somewhat snail’s paced exchange of views. More openness and rapport between the members of our community shall serve an important beneficial purpose and pave way for us to come even closer. At the same time the deliberation should be substantially constructive.

I am still attempting to glean the reason for the Pattni Connection cessation. The reasoning is still quite obscure and amorphous to me. It is indicated that the reasons are lack of feeling of brotherhood, cohesion absence and other regional community trying to have their own websites. And ironically so many of our International Samaj bodies have one solid voice and backing in favor of the Pattni Connection Website. I do not see any form of apathy or indifference. Please somebody let me know why so much ado. May be I being thousands of miles away from the fray am missing something. The whole purpose of our having Samaj bodies and pertinent websites are to bring about more understanding and nearness amongst the Pattnis all over the world. That should be the cardinal goal and mission and not giving way to factions.

With regards,
Pravin. Texas.

It is ironic that such issues cannot be resolved by working together as adults.After all it is a community of Pattnis who are working together for the wellbeing of all the community members worldwide. There should not be an issue of who does what and who deserves credit for bringing the community together. We need to understand that all this needs to be done without politics being involved. Many a time all Members far and wide look forward to participate in and provide moral support in good and bad times through the media we are blessed with. We have come a long way to let these trivial matters, as Americans will say,SCREW us up. As far as i know we are the only community who have this medium thru which we stay informed of events in our community. God bless our community and God bless the United States of America.

Vaju Pattni
..After all it is a community of Pattnis who are working together for the wellbeing of all the community members worldwide. There should not be an issue of who does what and who deserves credit for bringing the community together. We need to understand that all this needs to be done without politics being involved.

Excellent summary.

However Pran does deserve immense credit for his initiative and tireless work.

And it is he who should set up a group of helpers, across the world, to take this forum to the next level - at which stage he can then step back if he so wishes.

We will then have a truly global forum that can carry on for ever in virtually auto-pilot mode, and is not a burden on any one individual or dependant on one.

I am delighted that more individuals have come forward with their contribution. Keep it up :)

It has been, perhaps,forty years since i last met Pran. We grew up together in Mombasa and have a lot of memories. Since the inception of his thought of starting to work towards bringing the community together at this scale and in our homes, and actually embarking on this and getting this far is a wonderful achievement. It has ,over the years, taken a lot of dedication and very hard work to get to where we are. It is greatly appreciated.
Was i sad to see this coming to a stop.? Yes, i was.
Members of our community need to come together and as you say, "Take this to the next level",and be willing to carry the torch going forward and keeping the highway open to unite the present and future members of Global Pattni community.
I think Pran has laid a strong foundation for the generation to come and and on a personal note it is about time for Pran and i to meet and reflect on out days gone by.

As I understand it, this is principally related to Parajiya Pattni Association UK.

I am quite willing to take the lead on this but we must first bear in mind that there is a Constitution that governs Parajiya Pattni Association UK. This sets out the four regions and their committees and officers. In addition each region elects a Trustee. It is the Trustees that should be involved in calling a meeting of the National Executive Committee of PPA UK, consisting of the Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers of each region.

It is this body that needs to be convened and I have already mentioned this to Chandrakant Mohanlal Bhimji, Birmingham Trustee, to see if he can liaise with his co-Trustees to call such a meeting. Failing this, a petition by 50 or more PPA UK members can request such a meeting to be called. However, it would obviously be more appropriate for the Trustees to call the meeting and one hopes that each of the regional committees, through their Presidents, will answer this call.

If the Trustees then request me to attend, or even chair, the meeting I am quite willing to do so. However, I am just about to depart to India and the earliest that I can attend a meeting would be in February 2014.

It is a pity that none of the Regional Presidents have actually taken the trouble to participate in this online debate whereas others from far and near have. I sincerely hope that they will take on board the significance of this matter and participate to reach an amicable solution. With Majaji's blessings we shall achieve this.

In the mean time I call upon the four Presidents to at least participate in this debate and put forward any views that they may have (this is in the hope that they do in fact look at Pattniconnection.com). In addition if they wish to contact me, I shall be pleased to discuss any matters with them.

Jai Mataji

Bharat Narshidas Mithabhai Ghaghda

Past National President – Parajiya Pattni Association UK

It is accepted that all resolutions are implemented in accordance with the clauses stipulated in the Constitution of the Pattni Association. But then that is going by the book. From what I can understand, the whole saga of the discontinuation has been created by some personal remarks or innuendos. In my opinion the matter can be resolved amicably by creating the environment whereby the protogonists have a meeting over a nice cup of masala tea, "paata gandhia" and ofcourse garam garam jalebies. So many insurmountable reconcilliations can materialize informally. After the ice breaking the deal can be sealed by a formal meeting of the whole membership. I am sure all this bill of fare can be accomplished without much difficulty in the United Kingdom. After all personal touch can go a long way in meeting of minds. On a lighter note, being away at great distance, I express my craving for the aforesaid mouth watering menu. A dilliget effort, without who did what and what not, would put us on the right track. I endorse all the praise from all quarters for Pran.

With regards,

Pravin.

Bharatbhai Narshidas Mithbhai Ghaghada, Past PPA National President
As I understand it, this is principally related to Parajiya Pattni Association UK.

With respect, Pattni Connection is a global forum, whether or not the PPA UK participates or not due to past petty rivalry is irrelevant. Let's look at the bigger picture from a helicopter.

Pran needs to choose 5 or 6 people he thinks can add value - then set up the proper global forum under his leadership. He can then relinquish control once the new forum is up and running well with the new team.

Fpr me, the questions are:

Is Pran willing to give up control?

Can we get 6 capable people to volunteer to act as regional moderators? Gentleman & ladies - put your names forward please.

Forget the petty politics & irrelevant constitutions. Just get on with the job at hand

Re-read the thread this morning, and the following names have been prominent on Pattni Connection.

Pran - in charge overall of the dream team.

Ajay Pattni - Mombasa
Harshad Rana - Nairobi
Dhirajlal Dhanak/Kantibhai Ghaghada - India
Ashwin Morarji - UK
Bharat Narshidas - UK
Vaju Pattni/Pravin Maganbhai - US

Let's hear more nominations, and let's get this off the ground. Love to hear more comments from the individuals I have named.

I wish there is a bigger participation in the "Great Debate" by Pattnis from world over and importantly input by Pran as well. There were questions posed to and clarificaions sought from Pran in numerous postings. What say you ? As mentioned previously, the debate would go a long way in building rapport between the community members.

With regards.

Pravin.

I am sorry but I still fail to see the reasonings behind the PPA UK , or rather only PPA UK, being asked to make any decision on the future of PattniConnection.
As far as I see, PattniConnection is an independent 'body' that serves Pattnis all over the world.
It is independent. And it is important that it remains so. It's independence is and will be its greatest asset in the future.
It has nothing to do with PPA UK or to put it another way PattniConnection has just as much to do with PPA UK as it has to do with the Mombasa Samaj and the Tanzania Samaj and the Middle East and India bodies.
Neither should PPA UK be allowed to have any decisive influence on the workings of PattniConnection nor should PattniConnection be dragged into having any special connection with PPA UK.
I hope PattniConnection manages to remain independent.

Ramesh Hirjibhai

May I take this opportunity to wish you and all your families a happy peaceful & successful new year

I would like to thank you for your support over what has been a very mixed year.

Do please continue to support Pattni Connection.

Since the debates and the discussions are still ongoing, I am confident that the combined effect of all of your good wishes will have a positive effect on the outcome of all of this.

With best wishes
Pran
Pattni Connection

Jai Shree Krishna, Pranlal

I deliberately resisted commenting on your recent decision to step down from Pattni Connection. Sometimes, it is prudent for the waters to clear before we can see and think rationally.
Many prominent personalities of our community worldwide have reacted strongly to your decision - and rightly so!!
No one can deny the fact that ethereal heights that Pattni Connection has achieved today is largely credit to your single minded dedication and persistence. To answer and edit all the emails/data received by Pattni Connection website from all corners of the globe AND to print the information in the right format requires raw hard work! There are no short cuts. How many of our members answer their own emails/phone messages on time?
Since we do not have a clear chain of command as to who takes over from you- there is no question of you stepping down at the moment. We all Pattnis have a moral responsibility to safeguard, nurture and protect what you, together with all the Samaj Committees, have painstakingly achieved in the last 8 years.
What alternatives do we have?
All of the Pattni social sites, Facebook groups WhatsApp groupings and regional Samaj medias are either serving their small peer groups or individual samaj members within their geographical regions. They are all minuscule and limited in terms of their coverage/circulation/readership etc etc.
Don't get me wrong! I'm not undermining the importance of having these regional media groups/sites. They do serve crucial links and can spread local news very effectively. We at Pattni Botherhood, under the stewardship of Shree Hirenbhai Vaya (Treasurer, Pattni Brotherhood), have a very effective and workable SMS system whereby regional/social/religious announcements are communicated throughout the E African region in real time - especially considering the fact that most of our elder Pattni members do not have a personal availability of computer terminals and/or emails --- but, they all have a cell phone!!!
But, however useful a regional media house is - it is NOT GLOBAL
Most of the information, however important and practical, is of little or no use to the global Pattni fraternity.
That is where Pattni Connection comes in. Pattni Coonection, as some of our members mentioned in their posts, is truly a World media forum. From LA to Tanga, from London to Cape Town, from Dubai to Perth, and from Nairobi to my ancestral home of Lalpur!
So, Pranlal, ( as per our discussion on phones and during my personal visits to London) I humbly disagree with you when you say that regional bodies are undermining the importance/functions of Pattni Connection.
They are rightly in their place and Pattni Connection is rightly in its place.
There is no comparison.
I fully agree with one of the Pattni brothers who commented that regional bodies, be them media houses or Samaj committees, should not interfere with the functioning of Pattni Connection website - whether Pranlal or somebody else - is at its helm. Pattni Connection should be independent and should not fold under any regional Samaj bodies. it is this very same neutrality and impartiality that Pattni Connection is known for, which will carry our site to greater heights and more readership. We should vehemently preserve this very tenet of our own global Pattni Connection.
Lastly, I would like to state the however much we all like for Pranlal to stay as the Web master of Pattni Connection - We all know that nothing is forever. We all need to formulate clear mechanisms whereby our young IT professionals can start training and eventually take over - in a systematic handover, whereby the integrity and professionalism of our site is maintained. As suggested by some of our members, we can have regional sub-editers in our Pattni regions throughout the world reporting to the central webmaster/editor-in-chief.
Doing all the work voluntarily is commendable, but, if need be, we can deliberate to create paid positions for Pattni members to run the site in the future.
Coming to the specific issues raised by Pranlal, I suggest the following.
Let the local news/events etc that is perceived to be local in nature, be handled by local Samaj medias.
Events which are global in nature ( the individual Samaj committees can deliberate on this
) and to which, importance needs to be stressed. should be directed to Pattni Connection by the appropriate Samaj
authority. We should all ensure that there is no imagined/unimagined clash as to who reports what. For any big organization to run smoothly, people should not venture out from their turf of influence and start influencing events outside. This creates two or more centers of power - and this cannot do!!!!
Pranlal, on behalf of Pattni Brotherhood, we note your concerns, but we reject your resignation letter unequivocally!!

Bhasker Narotam Pattni
Hon. Secretary
Pattni Brotherhood, Nairobi

Bhasker Narotam Pattni
Jai Shree Krishna, Pranlal

I deliberately resisted commenting on your recent decision to step down from Pattni Connection. Sometimes, it is prudent for the waters to clear before we can see and think rationally.
Many prominent personalities of our community worldwide have reacted strongly to your decision - and rightly so!!
No one can deny the fact that ethereal heights that Pattni Connection has achieved today is largely credit to your single minded dedication and persistence. To answer and edit all the emails/data received by Pattni Connection website from all corners of the globe AND to print the information in the right format requires raw hard work! There are no short cuts. How many of our members answer their own emails/phone messages on time?
Since we do not have a clear chain of command as to who takes over from you- there is no question of you stepping down at the moment. We all Pattnis have a moral responsibility to safeguard, nurture and protect what you, together with all the Samaj Committees, have painstakingly achieved in the last 8 years.
What alternatives do we have?
All of the Pattni social sites, Facebook groups WhatsApp groupings and regional Samaj medias are either serving their small peer groups or individual samaj members within their geographical regions. They are all minuscule and limited in terms of their coverage/circulation/readership etc etc.
Don't get me wrong! I'm not undermining the importance of having these regional media groups/sites. They do serve crucial links and can spread local news very effectively. We at Pattni Botherhood, under the stewardship of Shree Hirenbhai Vaya (Treasurer, Pattni Brotherhood), have a very effective and workable SMS system whereby regional/social/religious announcements are communicated throughout the E African region in real time - especially considering the fact that most of our elder Pattni members do not have a personal availability of computer terminals and/or emails --- but, they all have a cell phone!!!
But, however useful a regional media house is - it is NOT GLOBAL
Most of the information, however important and practical, is of little or no use to the global Pattni fraternity.
That is where Pattni Connection comes in. Pattni Coonection, as some of our members mentioned in their posts, is truly a World media forum. From LA to Tanga, from London to Cape Town, from Dubai to Perth, and from Nairobi to my ancestral home of Lalpur!
So, Pranlal, ( as per our discussion on phones and during my personal visits to London) I humbly disagree with you when you say that regional bodies are undermining the importance/functions of Pattni Connection.
They are rightly in their place and Pattni Connection is rightly in its place.
There is no comparison.
I fully agree with one of the Pattni brothers who commented that regional bodies, be them media houses or Samaj committees, should not interfere with the functioning of Pattni Connection website - whether Pranlal or somebody else - is at its helm. Pattni Connection should be independent and should not fold under any regional Samaj bodies. it is this very same neutrality and impartiality that Pattni Connection is known for, which will carry our site to greater heights and more readership. We should vehemently preserve this very tenet of our own global Pattni Connection.
Lastly, I would like to state the however much we all like for Pranlal to stay as the Web master of Pattni Connection - We all know that nothing is forever. We all need to formulate clear mechanisms whereby our young IT professionals can start training and eventually take over - in a systematic handover, whereby the integrity and professionalism of our site is maintained. As suggested by some of our members, we can have regional sub-editers in our Pattni regions throughout the world reporting to the central webmaster/editor-in-chief.
Doing all the work voluntarily is commendable, but, if need be, we can deliberate to create paid positions for Pattni members to run the site in the future.
Coming to the specific issues raised by Pranlal, I suggest the following.
Let the local news/events etc that is perceived to be local in nature, be handled by local Samaj medias.
Events which are global in nature ( the individual Samaj committees can deliberate on this
) and to which, importance needs to be stressed. should be directed to Pattni Connection by the appropriate Samaj
authority. We should all ensure that there is no imagined/unimagined clash as to who reports what. For any big organization to run smoothly, people should not venture out from their turf of influence and start influencing events outside. This creates two or more centers of power - and this cannot do!!!!
Pranlal, on behalf of Pattni Brotherhood, we note your concerns, but we reject your resignation letter unequivocally!!

Bhasker Narotam Pattni
Hon. Secretary
Pattni Brotherhood, Nairobi

A lot has been said so far by many members who have expressed their views on this issue. Perhaps this situation should never have arisen. May be not if there was a person or persons to take up the duties of Pran after he laid down the foundation and the worldwide framework of bringing the community worldwide together.
It is time from Pran to express his views having read the comments from all.
Lets hear from him.

Vaju Pattni
A lot has been said so far by many members who have expressed their views on this issue. Perhaps this situation should never have arisen. May be not if there was a person or persons to take up the duties of Pran after he laid down the foundation and the worldwide framework of bringing the community worldwide together.
It is time from Pran to express his views having read the comments from all.
Lets hear from him.

I agree.

The Pattni Connection belongs to the Pattni community, with credit to Pran for all the hard work.

The succession plan is vital for Pran's selfless work so far.

The new framework should not rely on one person, but a half dozen or so individuals across the globe - under Pran's guidance. An open forum for all to contribute to.

What we will then also achieve is news/photos that are more representative of the community at large.

Pran,

I am glad that you have decided to operate the Pattni Connection website without any precondition. My guess was that you would not give it up and it’s good to know that you have good support and accolades from all quarters.

In US we call it the brinkmanship. The two parties in the congress would try to have a tussle amongst them and a party would try to override the ideals of the other party. At the last moment the party would consent to the resolutions of the other party. This is done with a view of getting the majority of votes from the public. This process would woo the support of the people who support the party and its ideals. That is the way the politics run.

I am at loss as to your purpose of riling up the support and accolades to the Pattni Connection. But, anyway, keep up the good work you are doing for the community. I am elated to know that you have ultimately come out with your decision to continue.

From the latest newsletter:

"Status of Pattni Connection

Pattni Connection is Parajiya Pattni People’s website - of the Pattni people, run by Pattni and for the Pattni community.

As we move forward, we will regularly evaluate what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we can continue to grow.

This progress is only possible due to collective support by hundreds of Pattni members globally.

It is also time to revamp and to take our website to the next level. There will be lot of changes happening over the coming
months.

There shall also be a debate and discussion on the future of website and about my successor."

Excellent news, hopefully we can enjoy a truly open forum that our Pattni can add content directly to, and without delay.

And better quality photos too :)

Hi Pattni Connection,

Good Luck, best wishes and everything for ever and many years to come until I live a very long life.

I never never never give up - those who give up are cowards and I am not one of them. My dear mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters we are together in mind spirit ideas wishes successes progresses and everything.

Best wishes

Aruna Jethalal Kara