Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
A rather pleasant 34 degrees and heading for 64 under clear skies. Much better than the 20 deg days last week.
Should be a beautiful day today. Am starting to get in the Christmas mood.
Congratulations Pat on the new bike. Hope to see ya simetime next year. Good to hear from you on the forum here also. Will you be coming to the SFR in Terlinguea in March?
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good morning.
32/50's, kinda windy.
Have a good day. Ride safe. Stay warm.

Brenda

Morning all,
Another great day in the southwest desert. Getting ready to go over to a friend's house to help her replace a piece of rotten facia on her house. Should be a fun job. Weather should be great today.
Dorothy and I are trying to figure out which helmets to buy to replace ours which are 15 years old. We would like to get modular types, or I guess they're also called flip-up. Trying to get decent ones that feel good and don't cost a fortune. Any suggestions? Everyone be safe and enjoy the Season!
Bob

Yeah Bob and I are planning on it. We are off that weekend so we are gonna try to make it.

I have Nolan, but mine is solid front. They do make flip face helmets also. I got mine from Neal. I got a flip face for Cindy from the local dealer here. It was about $180, but I can't remember the brand. I will check when I get home. She likes it so far, but hasn't worn it a lot.

RR

GoodMorning, All;
33 in Albuquerque, headed for the mid 50's.
Bob, I have an HJC flip-front helmet, and I do NOT recommend them. I've had a lot of problems with it, the primary one being that once I have the helmet on, it will not flip up. Apparantly, my face is too fat, and it pushes the sides out to the point where the latch won't release and it will not flip up. I plan on buying a Nolan
(around $250.00 at Bike Bandit) next spring. The HJC cost around $200.00. Don't know if I'll make the Spring Fun Run, but I'd like to make the HCT.
Everyone have a Great Monday!!!

Ride Safe & Sane; and PLEASE-ATGATT!!!
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & the Silver Bullet
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Hank,
Do you remember which model HJC you have? Is it the IS Max, or the Symax 2? Inquiring minds want to know!

John and I have used Nolan for years.