Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back from GCR

Good day all
Got back from the GCR a couple minutes after 4. Had a great time. The weather was perfect. Cool at night, but beautiful for the rides. Clear skies. Good rides and great company. Bob did an excellent job. Thank You!!
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Back from GCR

Hey, All;
Made it back into Albuquerque at about 3:30 after q Wonderful weekend and a quick (?) ride down I-40. If it weren't for the problems I had with pain (Ribs again? I hope not!), the weekend would have been perfect. The Rocket ran well during the entire trip.
There was a near accident in Gallup due to me (again)
not keeping my eyes where they should have been, but fortunately the Lord's angel must have intervened, and the mishap was avoided. Guess the Lord figured that I'd been banged up enough for one year. It did leave me a bit shaken, however, and I pulled in at the first restaurant I could find, rested for about a half hour, and drank about a half gallon of ice tea.
I didn't eat anything because they were only serving breakfast, and I'd had breakfast back in Flagstaff.
Oh, Well, don't want to be wordy, I'll do a more detailed article for the next NL. Hats off to Bob, for being such a great (and understanding) Host!

Ride Safe & Sane; and PLEASE-ATGATT!!
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & the Silver Bullet
'Kick the Tires, Light the Fires, and HANG ON!!'

Hi everyone,
Sorry about posting late. I was just so excited about seeing Dorothy after four days! Madison and I arrived back here around 5:00. We were able to attend my old church in Flag this morning and see some of my old friends. Left town about 11:00 and went down through Payson, hoping to see another old friend. I couldn't raise him, so continued on through Phoenix and finally to Tucson. Weather was quite warm in the desert, but because of cloud cover riding was not too bad.
Thanks for the kind words Rod and Hank; it was great riding with you again also. My prayers are with Dave for safe riding, and more beautiful sights in store for him. You all take good care.
Bob

Just got in about a half hour ago after spending last night in Las Cruces. Got the bike unloaded and now I'm getting something to eat. It was worth it taking an extra day to see the north rim. The ride from Gap to Jacob Lake along the red cliffs was, by itself, amost enough to make the ride worthwhile. I'll do a report for the newsletter, assuning Rod waits a few days before publishing the next one.

As Rod and Hank have already stated, Bob did an excellent job with the run.

Dave
Hank should be getting out the next newsletter. I just did the last one because it was getting late and Hank was in Romania. The next one should be out the middle of next month I believe.

RR