Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Long post

Hi all,

Well it's been quite an adventure! The rally was great and we had a great time with our friends who live near Niagara Falls. We traveled 2464 miles to get there, and for the most part had good weather. Bike ran fine. Even got to meet the Judge's at the rally, who are very nice people.

Coming home was uneventful until Tuesday. We have been avoiding freeways and have been taking country roads. We had just gone through Lincoln Nebraska, when the bike went down just after crossing a RR track. It had been raining and the street was wet. The wood planking on either side of the rails was also wet, and I guess that's where I lost it. Bike went down hard on the right side and skidded a few feet. Dorothy and I flew off and landed on our front sides, faces down. I got right up and determined that I mainly had road rash. Dorothy wasn't moving which terrified me, but when I got down close to her face, she said she had a bad pain in her right side. I left her in that position, and waited for the fire department, which got there remarkably fast. They treated her there and took her to the hospital in an ambulance. I stayed around the scene long enough to get the bike moved out of the street, and the Fire Chief took me to the hospital in his personal car.

Bottom line, we were very blessed! The ER treated and released us. Dorothy has two broken ribs and some road rash on her right hand. I have quite a bit of rash on my right arm and a big cut on my right hand, which required stitches. We have been holed up in a motel since then sorting things out and waiting for insurance companies to make up their minds. Everyone here in Lincoln have been wonderful to us. There is a lot of pain assocciated with broken ribs (just ask Hank).
Dorothy has experienced this, especially when going from a laying to a sitting position, or a sitting to a standing position. But she is getting better each day. The insurance adjuster from Progressive looked at the bike yesterday, and we already have a check! I just rode the bike back to the motel, and it seems completely functional. Our plan is to leave for home on Sunday. It seems, by the grace of God, that some friends of ours have been vacationing with family in Minnesota, and were leaving today to come home. They are coming through Lincoln on Saturday, and after spending the night here, will take Dorothy back with them in their van. I will follow them on the bike pulling the trailer. We should get back by Tuesday evening. So there you have it. Sorry I was so long checking in, but it's been crazy the last 4 days. Appreciate any prayers for safe travel, and for Dorothy's pain level to be low. More later.
Bob

Re: Long post

Well, that doesn't sound very good. I am glad you at least are up and about even though it might be painful. I am praying for a speedy recovery. Just happy no one was close behind to make it worse.
Take it easy and let us know when you make it home.

RR

I am sorry to hear of your accident. Bummer! Like Rod said, it was fortunate that there wasn't a tail-gater on you when you went down. I hope you have a safe journey home and a speedy recovery.
-Bud

Hope the recovery is fast.
Have a safe trip.

Brenda

Sorry to hear about your mishap, I know how that feels! Jim and I will keep both you and Dorthy in our prayers. It was nice to see you at the AVA rally and hope to see you again soon.

Sandra & Jim

Sorry to heat`about the accident. I know what Dorothy is going through - I had five fractured ribs after colliding with a deer 3-1/2 years ago.