Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Afternoon!

WHEW!! Thermometer out on the porch says 104 Degrees.
Predicted high today is 100. I'm staying inside with my AC on!! Some good news-the parts for Ol'Faithful are in, and my mechanic says she'll be ready in a couple of weeks. Rode the Bullet some yesterday, to breakfast then over to the shop that Ol'Faithful is at. Talked to my mechanic some, then got on her to go home and she wouldn't start. Took her in to the shop, and after dismanteling the front end of the bike (Had to take the top triple tree off to get to the switch), pulled the switch off. I was saying, "I'll call the Triumph dealer and order a new one". My mechanic said "Don't Bother, we can fix this one". He took the switch apart, and found that the contacts that transfer the power from one harness to the other were spring loaded, and that one, the biggest one that supplied power to the starter and the headlights, had collapsed the spring, probably from overheating, so it was not making contact. He replaced the spring, put the switch back together, and it worked fine. Lesson learned...REAL technicians can fix the old unit (sometimes) instead of relying on 'R&R', thus saving the customer money and time. He had it fixed in a couple of hours, and I rode home. If I had gotten it to the Triumph dealer
(which was on the other side of town), they would have just ordered a new one, and my bike would have been down 4 or 5 days, and I would have paid a bill twice the size of the one I actually paid.
The pain is decreasing,I'm back to work part time.
Thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers. At least I'll be able to get SOME riding in this season!

Ride Safe & Sane-And PLEASE-ATGATT!!!
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & the Silver Bullet
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed