Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Looks like another beautiful day today, but with wind. Currently 57 and heading for 91.
Good luck with getting the XII cleaned up Hank. Of course you know if you wash it and get it looking too good it will rain!!
Hopefully T.C. has good weather also to get some riding in now that the yard is all cleaned up.
Brenda, will you be going on a campaign tour over New Mexico way??
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good Morning All;
it's 54 headed for a high of 84 in Albuquerque today. What happened to Spring? Guess the last storm blew it out! Winter gear is put away, summer gear is out, time to put some miles on the 'beasties'.
Need to start watering the flowers.
T-14 AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & 'the Silver Bullet'
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Re: Good morning

Good morning. Net was down, took a while to egt it working.
Was 68 this morning, heading for 90 or so.
I don't think I will make NM on the campaigh trail. Un less I can catch a train throught there.!
Y'all have a good day. Ride safe.

Brenda

Re: Good morning I Opps it

Good Morning EVA From the Sunny Sierra Foothills...

48/69 Clear Skies....

Yep the weather is good, but riding is curtailed for a few days....

Tuesday evening Gail & I went for a ride to get pool & spa supplies. Had a nice ride to the place but when we were pulling out of the parking spot Gravity took over & down we went on the right side... We were barely moving (part of the problem) and the area was a little off level. we went down s l o w... I tried to catch it with my right leg but in the process ended up hyperextending my foot. Gail tried to move off but the armrest was in the way & her right foot got pinned to the bike when the marvellas footpeg folded up on it. This all happened so quick...But in S L O W motion.. wierd...

No sooner than we were on the ground a couple of folks came over to help, one had already called 911 & the other was helping me get Mariah up. the lady still had the dispatcher on the line and Gail told them all was ok & we didn't need the little white van with the red lights, but they showed up in less than a minute anyway. We told them things were ok and sent them on.. Another guy shows up with a bag of ice for Gails ankle...Nice folks...
We rode back home and looked over our ankles, Gail's had a good goose egg & imprint of the peg with a good bruise showing, my ankle was sore and a little swollen but otherwise ok, I thought... That was till I woke up the next morning for work... Big bruise on both sides. I could still get boots on so I hobbled off to work... Today I go to the sawbones to check things out. hopefully all thats wrong with mine is a severe sprain...
Gail's getting around much better. Good thing we had good boots and gear on...

Sorry for the long post... just thought I'd let everyone in on my little Opps...

Gotta get better, We have a Club ride to lead a week from Friday..... and I still need to look at the Clutch...

Ya'll have a GREAT DAY......

Ride Safe, & Remember ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
99XII & 07 PiggyBacker
98 KLR650
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
EVA

Don't you just hate those OOPS moments. We've done that a couple of times but have been fortunate enough not to get injured yet. Hope everything heals up quickly and you can lead that ride.
Bob

Bob in Tucson
Don't you just hate those OOPS moments. We've done that a couple of times but have been fortunate enough not to get injured yet. Hope everything heals up quickly and you can lead that ride.
Bob

Thanks,
Ya... It wasn't one of my better moments, (or Gails')Thankfully our boots took the brunt of the fall. and good thing for the Guard rails too. I now have a small reminder on the right side next to the windshield....
Good news is nothings broke, just my Pride....
I'm keeping it proped up and taking it easy for a while...

Have a GREAT Evening......

Ride Safe, & Remember ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
99XII & 07 PiggyBacker
98 KLR650
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
EVA

Glad nothing was broken. Hopefully the swelling will go down quickly and you will get back to normal. Hopefully the bike didn't get too badly marked up.
Good luck on getting back to the clutch problem.

RR