Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring Fun Run Planning

Gee, I hope others are coming! Right now I am planning to go to Albuquerque for 23 & 24 Mar, then leave early for Alpine on the 25th. Rod, or Hank, how long of a ride is it from Albuquerque to Alpine? I am bringing my 5th wheel, pulling the Voyager. Looking forward to the rides, seeing those I know, and meeting new people.
Bud

Re: Spring Fun Run Planning

Bud
A little under 500 miles from Albuquerque to Alpine if you take the freeway all the way. At Van Horn you take 90 down to Alpine which is also a good road.
I will be leaving Thursday morning also but will take 180 east out of El Paso just past Salt Flat and then south on 54 thru Van Horn and just past Valentine going eat to Fort Davis and then south to Alpine. Only about 30 miles more, but MUCH BETTER MOTORCYCLE ROAD.
There is a nice little cafe in Salt Flat where I will have my breakfast burrito. I should be getting to Alpine mid to late afternoon.
The campground in Alpine will be just as you enter Alpine. If you get to the divided road you have gone too far. The campground is on the right maybe a block or so before the road divides.