Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If it weren't for Bad Luck...(long post)

Hi, All;
Well, it's been a fun day. After I got done on the computer this morning, I changed clothes, went out to the Rocket, inserted the key, did the starting routine, hit the button, and...complete silence. Not even a click from the starter solenoid. Tried several more times, going through the complete procedure each time...NADA. Since I don't like to miss Church, I called a friend who gave me a ride and loaned me a VOM. This afternoon, I was (am) on the computer, and went to the Westco site, and NEARLY bought a battery...but, as I was about to punch the 'checkout' button, something stopped me and told me to go check the battery. Well, I did, and the battery is fine, which means that I have no idea what is going on. Friends on the Triumph Forum I frequent
think it might be the start switch. I hope it's that easy. At any rate, the Triumph is going to have to go into the shop, and with the Voyager also in the shop, that means I'm basically afoot. It's snowing here, the weather is reflecting my mood. I remember the 'simpler' days when all I had to do was feed my Honda '72 CB750 oil and gas and keep the chain adjusted, and she took me anywhere I wanted to go, and working on her didn't require a 20,000.00 computer...just some wrenches, a phillips head screwdriver, and a points file.
This too shall pass.

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank
On the 'Rubber Express'