Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Still not warming up much. Down to 30 so far and still a while til the sun peeks over the mountains. At least it is warming up today, up to 61 and 67 tomorrow.
Beautiful moon among the clouds yesterday for the ride in to work. The moon is pretty bright again this morning also.
Hank, if your carb is what is leaking and you are planning on replacing everything but the carbs, I would think that is backwards. The carburator is what needs the work. Also, I would never put any coting on the inside of the gas tank. That is just inviting more problems. In my opinion you might as well just get some dried paint and put it in the tank and get it over with. That would clog up the filter just fine.
Yall have a great day and CCCOOOOMMMMEEEE OOOOONNNNN SPRING!!

RR

Re: Good morning

Good morning y'all.
40/50's.
Have a good day. Be safe.

Brenda

Good Morning, All;
It's 30 right now in albuquerque under clear skies, headed for a high of 52. Might ride in to work if I can get going in time. RR, my logic is this: the crud in the carbs has to be coming from somewhere, and the most likely candidate is the tank (you don't get rust from rubber hoses!) It's always very small particulate matter, too, no big rust flakes, more like dust. The carbs are going to get rebuilt, and all the hoses will be replaced. That leaves the tank.
I intend to give it a good cleaning, and coat it with POR-15. I've used this stuff before, and it is not a paint, more like a ceramic coating. It has a lifetime guarantee against peeling. It worked great on my Voyager 1300, which is why I'm sure it will work here. Anyway, if I'm going to ride in, I need to get going. Everyone HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful; & 'the Silver Bullet'
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Morning EVA from the Cloudy Sierra Foothills
38/46 W/Rain ...

Well yes it was good while it lasted but the wet stuff will be back all too soon..
Rode to work yesterday with a bright moon and went home under high white clouds... Nice way to start a week...
Today is a different story, only dark skies & wet pavement when I left this morning... And for tomorrow they are saying a cold front will be here along with the strong chance of white by afternoon... Oh well this is the way it is here in the Sierra Foothills as we usually get at least 1 or 2 snowstorms in March anyway... kinda be happy to get it overwith..

Hank, have you checked the Fuel filter lately?

Have a Good Day All

Ride Safe, & Remember ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers