Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boy, That Felt Good!!!!

Hi, Guys;
Well, I finally did it...Hooked up Ol'Faithful's battery and took her for a ride. I decided to do it this way because my 'garage' (actually a storage unit)
is 6 miles away from my apartment, and I do not have power in the carport where I park her. I could have ridden her to the 'garage' and put her battery on charge there, but then there would have been the problem of getting home, so I opted for plan B. I fired her up (took 6 tries, she'd been down over a month and it took a bit to get her to fire), and headed south on I-25. My immediate destination was a little restaurant in Belen where they make a Really GREAT green-Chili Cheeseburger. After a late lunch, I headed back north and got off in Las Lunas, on one of the few remaining stretches of Pre-1937 Route 66.
I traveled west on old 66 to it's junction with I-40, then headed back to Albuquerque. There were a lot of low clouds, some wind, and a little rain, but not a whole lot of weather. Temp was in the low 40's. I know one thing for sure...I would have not attempted this trip on the Triumph, the wind and rain would have worn me out before I got home. On Ol'Faithful, it was just a minor inconvenience. The old girl still has what it takes for long distance touring. Now, I need to get her ready for my trip in May. I guess you could call this trip a 'Pre San Antonio trial run'. Shouldn't have any problem getting there a week from today! Everyone have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & 'the Silver Bullet'
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Re: Boy, That Felt Good!!!!

Hank,
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Congratulations!
Bob

Re: Boy, That Felt Good!!!!

Thanks, Bob!! Hope to see you at a 'lunch' soon!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & 'the Silver Bullet'
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed