Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE: Battery issues

Well, I went ahead and got the NAPA battery (since I had already paid for it). I can understand their contentions (batteries for the Voyager XII aren't exactly flying off their shelves), but, due to the presence of vents in the caps,I know this is not a 'sealed' battery. It is 'supposed' to be maintenance free, and has a 1-year guarantee, so I went ahead, put the acid in, and put it in 'Ol'Faithful', but didn't hook it up. I don't plan on doing that until I'm ready to ride her to the 'garage' and give it a full charge. Meanwhile, the 'Silver Bullet' is doing commuting and 'around town' duty while embarrasing a lot of Hardley riders. Still don't know if Ol'Faithful will be ready for the 27th, but I'll be there, none the less.
Everyone HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & the 'Silver Bullet

RE: Battery issues

Hank,
I guess you have to specify an AGM battery, and not just a "maintenance free" battery. I think AGM stands for "absorbed glass mat", and is sealed up. I got an AGM for our Voyager 1 year ago off the internet for about $75. incl shipping. So far it has worked well. This NAPA battery will probably work well for you, just not what you thought you wanted!
Goog Luck
Bob