Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Slept like a log last night. Now it's off to work. Blood drive after work, so will try to make that also. Maybe do a little packing tonight for the GCR.
Currently 72 heading for 94.
Flagstaff is 44 heading for 82. They have a 30 or 40% chance for rain Friday and Saturday, so bring your rain gear just in case. If it is like here, that is just a slight chance. So far I believe we have 2 couples and 2 singles.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning

Good Morning, All;
It's 70 in Albuquerque with a predicted high in the low 90's and a slight (10%) chance for rain. Ol'Faithful is doing fine, I got a new GPS, and will be mounting it soon (Isn't it interesting how an 'accessory' can become so important that you can't do without it?) Got to get to work, see youall later (at the ET, I hope!)

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Morning all,
Well we had a good weekend. Weather is cooling a little, and yesterday morning we actually woke up to 70 degrees. First time it's been under 80 in at least a month. Dorothy and I picked up our twin 6 year old grandsons and took them to church with us. It's a long story but our son's family received these boys for foster care shortly after their birth. They were with the family for 2 1/2 years before a judge ruled the bio father to be a fit parent and awarded custody to him. But fortunately the bio father allows the boys to spend a Sunday a month with our family. So they are our grandsons and we are their grandparents. Pretty cool!
Well I tackled the chore of changing out the plugs on the Xll to iridiums. Not too bad, except when reassembling everything I found an extra vacuum hose that apparently goes to nothing. The manual says it should go from the canister to the air cleaner. There doesn't appear to be a nipple on the air cleaner for it to attach to. I'm toying with the idea of altering the airbox to acommodate this hose. There are clamp marks on the end of the hose suggesting that it did attach to something at one time. Another mystery for me to ponder! Oh well, the bike will be running strong for the Grand Canyon run. Everyone have a good day.
Bob

Bob
Sounds like you had a great weekend. That is nice to have the 'grandkids' for a while.
It has been a while since I have had an XII, but I am thinking there is a hole in the bottom of the air cleaner that hose might go in to. Like I said, it has been a while, but you might check for a hole to fit the hose in to.
See ya in a couple days!!

RR

Thanks for the input Rod. But I removed the airbox and there was no place for that hose to attach to. However I took a brass hose barb and drilled a hole in the airbox and screwed the barb into the hole-works perfect. Boy getting the two large air boots that go from the airbox to the 2nd airbox reattached was a chore! But persistence prevailed and all is back together and bike is running. I am looking forward to Thursday, rain or no rain!
Bob