Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Hi everyone,
Well, it's cooled off some the last couple days - just getting close to 100! We should be getting some more rain soon. We've had no rain for about 3 weeks now. Seems like the whole week was spent working on cars - between mine and family and friends' cars. I sure am looking forward to the Flagstaff ride. I think a couple friends of mine, one from Flag and one from Phoenix area will be joining us. There are a couple of things on the bike to do yet but shouldn't take too long. I got a set of irridium plugs off of Ebay for $27.00, which I thought was a decent price, but I haven't installed them yet. I think the procedure is intimidating me just a little. I just need to dive in and do it.
Oh well, today we have church and I'm not sure what else. Maybe a day of rest -what a novel idea! Later.
Bob

Re: Good Morning

Good afternoon all
Currently 88 here, heading for 94. Guess it is cooling off a little. No rain here either. Has been raining around, but not here. People from church who live a little north of town said they got 1" yesterday afternoon.
Sounds like you need a 'day of rest' Bob. Glad you will be bringing some friends along. Sounds like we will have a great turnout. I am looking forward to it.
Changing spark plugs isn't bad, just take your time. Also, use compressed air to blow around the old spark plugs before you take them out. There is usually a lot of dirt collected around them and that would not be good to get in the cylinders. Good luck!!
Yall have a great day and see ya in a week and a half.

RR

Rest????????...I've heard that word used before.....just can't remember when or what occasion.
If you have a compressor, be sure to "purge & clean out" the debris in the pockets where the plugs are BEFORE you pull them out. #1 & #4 are the easy ones, 2&3 are the problem children. Also, don't try to pyll the wires off the plugs by the wires, they will just pull out of the boots.....I can tell you that from experience............

Beetja Rick by 1 minute!!

RR

Thanks for the tips and encouragement guys. As soon as I get my truck to pass emmissions, I will attempt the plugs in the Voyager!