Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GW for sale CHEAP

Good morning all. Another warm night, only down to 68 and heading for 99. Should start cooling off any day now. I can tell the sun is coming up later already. It is darker for the ride in to work.
Got a call as I was getting ready to leave work yesterday. Rick L was stuck north or Carrizizo. His Goldwing was not running well. He thought the fuel pump was not working properly. I got him in touch with Roland Castter from Carrizozo. He went up and they got the GW to his place to store. Rick went back to Ruidoso with his friends. He will try to get a truck this morning to bring it back home. Rick said by the time they got his bike to Carrizozo it was running great again (but not trustworthy). Rick has been having troubles like this for a while. I thought about asking him why he didn't just get a VV1700, but didn't think he would be in the mood!!
He will let me know what he finds out about a truck and I will keep yall posted.
Yall have a great day AND THANKS ROLAND FOR THE HELP!!

RR

Re: GW for sale CHEAP

Good Morning, All;
I've had a couple of GW's ('75 & '77) and never had a problem with them...But then bikes were simpler back then. It's 64 in Albuquerque this morning, headed for a high in the low 90's with the usual 10% chance for rain. Thanks, Roland for helping out Rick, hope he gets the GW sorted out soon! Have fun on the GC Trip, don't forget to take lots of pics!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful
'03 Voyager XII~Lasr of the Breed

Re: GW for sale CHEAP

Got the truck........but NO RAMPS with this small truck. Made it home about 7:45 pm Central. Beat the weather home.
Spoke with a car mechanic, he said it sounds like a coil going bad when it gets hot.....makes sense.....
Any way if it weren't for Rod's help in getting Mr. Caster there don't know what I would have done.
The kindness & generosity that the Caster's showed me puts them in the running for EVA'er of the year.
It was really a pleasure to have gotten to meet them...just wish it was under different circumstances.

So, just to repeat myself......Mr. & Mrs. Caster, thank you for your help & generosity. I didn't sleep much last night but I knew the bike was in safe hands & not on the side of the road.