Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good afternoon

Hi everyone,
Well we went to church, came home, had lunch and now I have had my nap-Life is good! I just got finished reserving a spot at Woody Mountain Campground for the Grand Canyon run. Have you made plans yet to come along? This is a great opportunity to see one of God's greatest wonders. And even if you've seen it before, as we have, you need to see it again! We always have some really good fellowship at these get-togethers. Now I have to go outside (in the 100 degree heat) and put the wheels back on my cargo trailer so it will be ready for the G.C. run. I checked the grease in the wheel bearings and found one side contaminated with water and the bearings rusted. Replacing just the two bearings for one side as well as both seals cost me $45. What's wrong with this picture - that's almost 1/3 of the price I paid for the Harbor Freight trailer kit when I built the trailer last year! Oh well, at least I found the bearing problem at home and not on the road. Our son's family is coming over later so we can celebrate our daughter-in-law's birthday. This should be fun. I hope all of you are having as good a time as we plan on having later. Have a great day!
Bob and Dorothy

Re: Good afternoon

Holy Cow, no post from RR?? He must be out riding!!
Bob, I hope you guys have a Great time. I took Ol'Faithful to the shop Saturday and the mechanic found some play in the rear end, but not enough to indicate a bad u-joint, so I'm up in the air as to whether to change it out or not. Guess I need to commune with the Voyager Guru again, and see what he says. Meanwhile it's 87 and partly cloudy in Albuquerque, and I'm relaxing on the couch.

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed