Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

Good morning all
Great weather for sleeping last night. Down to 68 heading for 89 today with a chance for rain. Cloudy so far this morning.
You guys got me all excited about a ride to the Grand Canyon. Have ridden close to there on 89 up thru Flagstaff and Page, but never to the Village. You are right Bob, I would be able to ride that GREAT ROAD past Mule Creek and Safford. Even up thru Springerville and Show Low and Payson. We could even meet up around Show Low or Payson and ride together. I was thinking about 3 weeks from now. I have that Friday off, and could just take Thursday off to get there. Could leave Wednesday after work and ride past Hillsboro to overnight at Iron Creek, a campground in the mountains about 150 miles from here.
Let me know what yall think about the date and other ideas I have posted. Of course it is all available for change.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good morning...Uhhh...

Good Morning, All;
It's supposed to hit 90 in Albuquerque today with a 10% chance for rain. Ol'Faithful is down until I can get the driveshaft replaced, which means I'm afoot
(She's my only transpo.) As far as the Grand Canyon trip, I was thinking more like next spring (late so it wouldn't conflict with the SFR.) No way can I do it this year...I spent way too much money at the National Rally, and have to catch up on my bills.
If youall go, take lots of pics!! Have a Great Day!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful (currently in ICU)
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Re: Good morning

Hi everyone,
Well it's overcast this morning. Should keep things from heating up too fast. Rod, your idea about staying one night each at G.C. and Page and somewhere else is good. If we didn't want to break camp each night, we could basecamp in or near Flagstaff and take the loop through G.C. Village, over to Cameron, and back into Flag on 89N, on Friday. Then on Sat, we could head west on I40 to Ashfork, then south to Prescott Valley, then east over Mingus Mountain and through Jerome, then back north via Oak Creek Canyon. The only down side would be not seeing Page and Glen Canyon Dam. The dates you suggested would work for us; if we don't hear from anyone else, it just might be the three of us! Ray and Jackie will get home this weekend, and I'll mention this idea to them. Hey Hank, why next spring? It was your idea that got all this started! BTW I have a spare driveshaft you could have. Although it's not perfect, it's probably good for 10K miles before having to replace the ujoint. Let me know and I will ship it to you. Rod, is it appropriate to post some of these plans on the AVA forum so maybe we could get more participants from Az?

That would be good to base in Flagstaff. Do you know of a good campground there? I could put something on the AVA site tonight.

RR

Hey, Bob;
I do want to go to the Grand Canyon, I just didn't think everyone would want to go in 3 weeks!! It's going to take me about 2 months to recover fiscally from the AVA rally, and then I have a trip planned to Peru in early November. I'm not retired, I (like RR)
have a gov't job, I just don't get paid nearly as much as RR does. So, I have one modus operandi-Pay the bills First, THEN have Fun!! Next spring would give me plenty of time to save up for the trip, and I would have enough leave accrued to be able to go, maybe for longer than just a 'long weekend'. Anyway, you guys have fun, and like I said, take plenty of pics!!

Ride safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed

Re: Grand Canyon

I'd love to join you but I don't know if I could get the time off. Flagstaff is over a thousand miles from Austin - farther than I'd care to ride in a day during the heat of August so I'd probably need two days each way.

Rod, I couldn't nail anything down for sure on a campground. If we don't require showers, there are a number to choose from. I called one today that did offer showers, and the price is $18/night, but she didn't know if multiple bikes could occupy one spot. She also gave me another number for reservations, but I couldn't get thru on that number. But I am confidant that we can line up something workable.

Hank, I know what you're saying, and we'll just have to do it again next year. I just had an irrestible urge to give you some flak-HaHa.