Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Hi everyone,
I have just a few minutes this AM to talk. I'm going to a friend's house to help him install a new water heater.
August would work for timing. Temps in Flagstaff and the South Rim would be probably in the high 70's or the low 80's. Would be pretty rough in the desert areas. Those of you from NM could see some pretty hot weather on the way over here. Of course there is always your favorite ride, Rod, thru Mule creek and Safford. Then up thru Payson and into Flag. Probably roughest for Dorothy and I, but we could travel in the wee morning hours to get there.
I think a better time is late September or even up to the 15th of October. We could encounter some freezing temps at night, but the daytime temps would be beautiful. I'm not sure when the schools start up again, but the later date would surely catch the schools in session. Something to think about!
Bob

Re: Good Morning

Good morning all
Had to get up at 3:15 to take my grandson back to the airport. Got to work a little bit ago and getting caught up here. Had rain in the night and cloudy and humid now.
Would we be in the dessert where it would be warm or where it is cooler at the canyon? Would it be too cool in October? Perhaps August would be better because of the temps.
Will have to see what everyone things. With the Enchanted Tour in Septmber would be good to stay at least a couple weeks away from that.
Yall have a great day.

RR

What do yall think about August 14-15. Could travel Thursday the 13th and back home Sunday the 16th. Is that long enough there? Is the time OK, or will it be too warm then? Will we plan on seeing the Grand Canyon or just riding around the area? There is a lot of pretty country around there. Do ya want to stay one place to ride out of or ride around and stay different places. Lots of options.

RR

I just checked Wahweap campground near Page is $23 a night for tent sites. Don't know if you can have multiple tents on a site. Would have to check. What would you think about one night (say the 13th) at Grand Canyon Village and then take out time going to Page and spend Friday night there then again take our time heading home on Saturday and spend Saturday night maybe near Payson or Show Low in a campground in the National Forest.
Just jump in with some ideas.
Yall have a great night.

RR