Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Good morning all
A rather warm 68 heading for 96. Will be heading out for corona in a couple hours. will put my cooling vest in water to soak for a couple hours to (hopefully) keep me a little cooler for the ride.
After this the AVA rally will be in only a couple weeks. Time is going by fast.
Yall have a great day and see ya in a few hours.

RR

Re: Good Morning

Do you really need to soak them for a couple of hours? We soak ours for a couple minutes and they're good to go. You guys be careful and enjoy our country!
Bob

Yer right. I got the vest and it said 3-5 minutes, so I will wait a bit and then put it in water.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Good afternoon
Just got back from lunch in Corona. Had 5 people. Dave (WhiskeyDoc) and Bobby were waiting at the truck stop when I got there. We rode up to Carrizozo and met Roland. Got up to Corona a little before noon and Hank was waiting. Ate and talked and headed back a little after 1. Stopped in Carrizozo and said goodbye to Roland. Then a couple minutes later Hank rode up. He was taking the 'scenic' route home thru Carrizozo and San Antonio and possibly Pie Town.
Was a good ride. Left Dave and Bobby at Three Rivers. It was just starting to rain and they decided to wait it out there. Not too much rain, but it did cool things off. I used my coolvest and it was very comfortable for the ride up. I believe this is the first I have used it in several years.
The ride was 215 miles. Made 200 on one tank and averaged 42.8 MPG doing about 61MPH on cruise.
We will try lunch in Silver City for those in the FAR WEST regions of New Mexico like Vail!! Haven't picked a date yet, but would probably be in August to split up the AVA rally and the Enchanted Tour.
See ya in a couple week.

RR

Good Evening Everyone!
I made it back from the Lunch Run at about 4:45 this evening. Covered a total of just over 300 miles. It's time to do my oil change on Ol'Faithful (next weekend.) It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I decided to take the 'long way' home, thus the meeting in Carrizozo. I didn't make Pie Town, though, weather looked bad, and it was getting late
(there wouldn't have been a place open to get a slice of pie.) Got 50mpg on the first leg of the trip. I'll do a writeup in the next NL. Everyone have a Great Evening!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful
'03 Voyager XII~Last Of The Breed