Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good morning

I woke up at 4 am this morning. Don't know why.

64 heading for 80 or so.

Y'all have a good day. Ride safe.

Have a good time at Sadies.

Brenda

Re: Good morning

Good morning all
A little breezy overnight, but not bad now. 57 heading for 70 with wind. Currently 51 heading for 70 in Fort Sumner also with wind. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Looks like it will be Hank and me again plus Hanks cousin.
Will change oil in the C14 after this ride. Hopefully head back thru Roswell and stop at the bike shop there.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Re: Good morning

Wow! You have to adjust the valves AND change the oil?? Wht a complex machine!

Re: Re: Re: Good morning

Made it back a little before 5. Just under 200 miles there and about 190 back. Rode there thru Carrizozo and stopped to watch them filming for a movie. Don't know the name, but they are suppose to be filming at White Sands National Monument after that. Looked like the aftermath of a bombing. Had a nice tail wind and occasional side wind.
Came back thru Roswell and right into a 40MPH or so headwind. Stopped at the cycle shop and they know nothing about a ship date for the VV1700.
Oil is drained. And yes Richard it is COMPLEX, but that sure makes it run GREAT!! Next oil change 15,000 miles and next valve check 25,000 miles.
Hank and his cousin Ann were the only other ones there. Was a nice ride and nice to see Hank again and meet Ann. Had a good hamburger and talk and then headed home.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good morning

Hank
You asked about the brake pads on the XII. I replaced the rear pads at 49,556 on March 30, 07. I do not show that I changed the front pads. They just never wore down that much. Guess they are probably due by now. I forgot to look at them when we were at Sadies. I should have checked them out then.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good morning

Hi!
Ann and I got home (my place) at about 5:00PM. The ride home was better than the ride out, but not by much! Part of the time we were battling 50+MPH headwinds, and it was all Ol'Faithful could do to keep moving. I finally shifted down to 4th, and that took care of the problem-with a corresponding loss of MPG. The best MPG was on the way out, we averaged 53 in a 40 MPH quartering side and tail wind that kept trying to rip off my sunglasses (I finally put them in a saddlebag.) Worst was on Hwy 60 on the way home...25MPG battling that 50+MPH headwind (had to fill up twice!) Ann was a trooper. It was her first ride, and she told me she enjoyed it, even with the wind problem. She's always been an 'outdoors' type. It was fun to have someone to talk to and share the experience with. RR, it's definitely time for those front brake pads, Stan said he'd do them for me, and I have the pads. I'll get ahold of him after I get back from El Salvador. Meanwhile, I hope to se you guys at the HCT...If the finances allow!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank & Ol'Faithful
(Still Spry at 85K!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good morning

25k isn't bad for valve check & I'll be that if & when they change, they tend to loosen, not tighten, which'll make adjust less critical