Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Good morning all
Guess winter is back. Down to 25 and heading for 67. Sure am getting tired of this cold weather. COMEON SUMMER.
Only 2 weeks until Sadies. Are your plans ready??? Hope to see yall there.
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Good Morning

Good morning. It is 38 here in the Bluff in Texas.
Heading for 60's. It was 80 earlier this week.?

Y'all have a good day.
Ride safe.

Brenda

Re: Re: Good Morning

Morning all! Changed out my carbs yesterday! Got a rebuilt set from Leo. Man! That's a job! Runs great and my mileage should go back up to where is was when I got the bike.

Also booked a room for the AVA Rally in Santa Fe for July. Looking forward to retirement and ready for lots of motorcycle time this spring and summer. Have a great day!

Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone;
Well, things never stay the same around here. It's sunny & cool in Albuq. right now, headed for a high in the low 60's. Yesterday at work someone made me an offer on ol'faithful (my '03 Voyager) which I will probably take, and as a result, I may be bikeless this summer. I will eventually buy a new bike, I'm just not sure when (or what) that will be. I'm kicking around the idea of going 'retro' and resurrecting a GW 1000 from my friend's junkyard and setting it up as a solo tourer. That would be kind of fun. I also might go with a new V17, I just haven't made up my mind yet. No matter what happens, I intend to remain with the EVA and the AVA. I appreciate the fact that it's more about relationships than it is the bikes. Even though I am not exactly an outgoing person, I have a lot of fun
when I attend Club functions. Everyone have a Great Day!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Haqnk, Rusty & Ol'Faithful

Re: Good Morning

WhiskeyDoc
Let us know how the bike runs. Had your gas mileage gone down? That bike has been setting quite a while before you got it, so that wasn't good for the carburators.
Hank, does this mean you won't be at Sadies? Only 2 more weeks!!
Yall have a great day.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

And don't forget to tell him about the Enchanted Voyagers and the AVA.

RR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Hey, RR;
I had the carbs cleaned and chercked out a couple of weeks after I got her. I've been averaging 38-45 in town and 42-50 on the highway, depending on weather conditions. I put new Progressive fork springs in about 3 months ago, and used 5wt fork oil. Think I should have gone with heavier oil as she still dives a bit, but she handles really well when I add 4PSI air in the forks. She's a great bike, has been real reliable. I WILL see you at Sadies' on the 7th!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Rusty & Ol'Faithful