Enchanted Voyagers Motorcycle Organization Forum

The Enchanted Voyagers Association is a chapter of the American Voyager Association.  The club was formed by Kawasaki Voyager Riders in New Mexico, but is open to all riders.  Please feel free to use this service.

Enchanted Voyagers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Morning

Weird weather here.

Temp is 69 heading for 70's with rain.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas.
Ride safe.

Brenda

Re: Good Morning

Good mornig all
Weird weather here also. Back to more normal today, down to 39 heading for 56. They sent the military and civil servants home at 12:30 yesterday because of high winds, gusts up to 95 at St Augistine Pass. Us contractors weren't included in that. Wind had died down quit a bit by the time I went home. No wind this morning.
Looking forward to Christmas Eve services tonight. I really like the Christmas songs and candel light service.
Yall have a great day and a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

RR

Re: Re: Good Morning

Hi, Guys;
Yesterday was WIERD!! As it grew light, low clouds were hanging over the city, at about 9:00 I decided to try a run to the post office and the drug store even though it was sprinkling some. I headed out on the approx. 2 mile, 15 minute trip, and almost immediately, the rain got a lot heavier. It started snowing big, heavy 3-inch wide snowflakes a few minutes later. Within 2 more minutes, the bikes windshield as well as the faceshield of my full-coverage helmet were covered with about 1" of snow.
I made it to the post office, and left there feeling very cold & wet. I decided to skip the drugstore (even though it was on the way), and headed home. By the time I got home, the rain had nearly quit. I was too cold and wet to care much. I got into some dry clothes, got a cup of coffee, and 15 minutes later, the sun came out. YEP, typical Albuquerque weather!!
After Lunch, I headed out to the 'garage' to put the gas tank on Rusty, and try firing her up. The first thing that happened was that I realized that I had forgotten how I wired up the manual radiator fan switch, so I had to head home to consult the schematics. By the time I got home, the time was 3:30 PM, so the day was shot. OH WELL!!
Hopefully today will be a little better!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Rusty & Ol'Faithful
Voyager 1300/6~The Original Voyager!!

Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

Dorothy and I are also looking forward to our church Christmas program. We start out with a children's program, then have a cookie exchange sort of thing, and finally have a candlelight worship service. After all this, we go home to our son's house and open presents with his family. Traditions are nice aren't they?
Boy Hank, when you get Rusty running it will be time for a party! This has been quite a project for you.

Rod, is your bike in danger of blowing over with some of these high wind gusts? Our son, Jeremy, had his Venture Royale blow over in the Raytheon parking lot not too long ago. What a sickening feeling. Makes me choose a parking spot very carefully when it is breezy. I have often wondered how much wind it would take to blow the bike off its center stand.
I hope everyone enjoys this time of year!
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Morning

When I had a 1300 it blew over once while on the side stand. That is because on the 1300's the side stand is too long and it sets up almost vertically. I don't think I have to worry about it on the C14 or you on the XII. They lean over a good deal and even though they are large I don't think they have enough area to have the wind blow them over. Of course a really strong gust could, but I think those 90 MPG gusts I talked about were a little above ground. I think closer to the ground with vehicles around to block the wind I don't have to worry.
Yall have a great time tonight and I hope to see ya soon. Maybe at Arizona Bike Week. I am planning on going to it in Phoenix and am hoping they will have some VV1700's for demo rides.

RR